The Student Room Group

How likely am I to be accepted into unis after completing a foundation year?

Question for anyone who has maybe been through this or a similar situation… i’m currently doing a Sociology foundation year at Uni of Essex but would rather go elsewhere to complete my full degree. I didn’t do too great in my A levels, so I’m wondering how likely it is that unis will accept a high grade foundation year with weaker a level grades? I’m not fussed about going to a Russell Group either, just not particularly happy with the uni i’m at right now. I have contacted a few unis i'm interested in already but haven’t received replies from all yet.
Very unlikely. Foundation years are not national qualifications unlike A levels and are usually not accepted elsewhere. To get into another course you would need to meet their entry requirements. All you can do is contact the universities you are interested in and ask but expect the worse. This is why the experienced advisers on here advise against foundation years unless you expect to finish your degree there,
Original post by ellswindred
Question for anyone who has maybe been through this or a similar situation… i’m currently doing a Sociology foundation year at Uni of Essex but would rather go elsewhere to complete my full degree. I didn’t do too great in my A levels, so I’m wondering how likely it is that unis will accept a high grade foundation year with weaker a level grades? I’m not fussed about going to a Russell Group either, just not particularly happy with the uni i’m at right now. I have contacted a few unis i'm interested in already but haven’t received replies from all yet.

Hello @ellswindred,

That's a shame to hear that is how you feel! Please feel free to reach out about how you are feeling and if there is anything we can do to help you! I am a Sociology and Criminology graduate from the University of Essex, so I may also be able to help you with any course or department questions as well 🎓

Here are so website links that are available to help you with the decision on transferring to another university:
UCAS: Changing or leaving your course | Undergraduate | UCAS
Essex: Your options if you're thinking of leaving Essex | University of Essex.

As I said before please reach out if you need any support with anything at all.

Essex Official Rep - Morgan ✨😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending