The Student Room Group

Betting Tips & Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
lfc4life
Basically half stake goes on 1 thing and half goes on another, e.g:

First scorer: Half on first scorer, half on player scoring in first x amount of goals
Outright winner: Half on winner, half on reaching final

usually says each way odds 1/4 or something similar, which means:

£5 each way on some first scorer at 8=£5 on first scorer, £5 on scoring in first amount of goals at odds of 2.

Hmmm I think I get it. So in this case: http://www.coral.co.uk/sbuk.go?page=supergrouppage&sportid=70&supergroup=d1Holland+v+Russia&lang=20&sid=20&ms=

It's each way odds of 1/3 so half on Nistelrooy, for example, for first scorer at 4.50 and half on Nistelrooy scoring in first x amount of goals?
Reply 1781
Laevis
Hmmm I think I get it. So in this case: http://www.coral.co.uk/sbuk.go?page=supergrouppage&sportid=70&supergroup=d1Holland+v+Russia&lang=20&sid=20&ms=

It's each way odds of 1/3 so half on Nistelrooy, for example, for first scorer at 4.50 and half on Nistelrooy scoring in first x amount of goals?

Yea, fraction odds are easier to work with in each way betting I just realised, so my example wouldn't be great.

In your case:
Half on RVN scoring first at 7/2 and half on him scoring at 2.33/2 in first 10 goals

Note: If you put £5 in stake it's £5 on both sections not £2.50
Reply 1782
lfc4life
Yea, fraction odds are easier to work with in each way betting I just realised, so my example wouldn't be great.

In your case:
Half on RVN scoring first at 7/2 and half on him scoring at 2.33/2 in first 10 goals

Note: If you put £5 in stake it's £5 on both sections not £2.50

Ahh I get it. Thanks for that :smile:

Re Note: Yeah, just realised. Sly that is! Double the risk.
Reply 1783
£7.38 on RVN to score anytime at 2.7

That'll do me for tonight, another account rounding down bet.
Reply 1784
I was thinking of that & also Arshavin to score at any time to along with it.
Reply 1785
Laevis
I was thinking of that & also Arshavin to score at any time to along with it.

Beautiful :biggrin: Won £30 on that bet in the end. Well done lfc4life, too, who I know has also won money on it :wink2: :biggrin:
Reply 1786
Laevis
Beautiful :biggrin: Won £30 on that bet in the end. Well done lfc4life, too, who I know has also won money on it :wink2: :biggrin:

Yep both get some decent return from it.

Money from Sneijder top holland scorer just came back in, won £8 from it so odds must have been divided by 3, my only long term euro bet to pull through, unless Klose does a miracle and scores two hat-tricks.
Reply 1787
what a good bet to do. its fun :

Holland V Russia ( Match Action )Bet Until : 19:45 - 21st June 2008

Competitor PriceUnit Stake
Over 100 Pts 4/1
91-100 Pts 9/2
61-70 Pts 9/2
81-90 Pts 5/1
71-80 Pts 5/1
51-60 Pts 5/1
Under 51 Pts 7/1

Goal (10pts) | Corner (3pts) | Penalty Awarded (10pts) | Yellow Card (3pts) | Red Card (10pts)

Description
Bet Details
Holland V Russia - Match Action 71-80 Pts @ 5/1

Bet Type : Singles
Bet Details : 1 Bets @ 1.00 per bet
Placed : 20/06/2008 23:29:24
Total Stake : 1.00
Total Returns : 6.00

:banana: same again tonight i like this kind of bet :banana:
Reply 1788
^ But it's almost totally random! Yeah for a quid it's a good bit of fun, but I'd never consider seriously placing that kind of bet!

I'm think today could be the day Toni comes good, so a bet on him to score at any time might be worth it. Hmmm...
Reply 1789
yes its random and fun lol. you only lose a quid so its fine :smile:

its toni time tonight :smile:

question is, will he get the service???
Reply 1790
No Toni bet for me. Don't get the same feeling about the Italians I have got in the past and the same feeling I got with Germany against portugal where you'd never back against them. I feel spain will win, and don't rate Toni so far.

*hopefully I've jinxed it enough for you :biggrin:
Reply 1791
Been looking at the safest way to extract my free £25 bet (not going to risk just clicking withdraw as i fear they'll just take it back somehow) and settled on number of subs again (i know, i'm a maniac). Anyway, it seems like 0-3 subs is so unlikely as to be barely worth considering leaving 4-5 and 6 subs as the very likely outcomes.

Betfair odds:
4-5 subs = 2.4
6 subs = 1.89

Am i right in thinking that if i put £10 on 4-5 subs and £12 on 6 subs i would be up if either of those won? e.g..
4-5 subs = win £14 but lose £12 stake on the 6 sub bet.
6 subs = win £10.68 but lose £10 stake on the other bet

Have i gone wrong somewhere?
Reply 1792
Go to more options, then tick boxes saying display what if figure and display P+L net of commission. Should make it easy for you.
Reply 1793
Aah that does make it easy :redface: seems like a (small) win either way.
Might do a lower stakes version (least adventurous gambling ever?):p:
Reply 1794
Your calculations are right; you would win so long as more than 3 subs are made. I say you risk the 25 on something else :colone:
Reply 1795
On Torres FGS at 11/2. Choo Choo!
Reply 1796
Put a few quid on both Torres and Villa anytime, just for fun.
How about a random punt on Grosso @ 35/1
Reply 1798
£3 on each of Toni, Torres & Villa to score anytime @ 2.875, 2.875 & 3.00
Reply 1799
Laevis
£3 on each of Toni, Torres & Villa to score anytime @ 2.875, 2.875 & 3.00

Not so good tonight for us two, I didn't bother with Toni though fortunately, just the other two.

Looks like no Toni goal in the end then.

Quick Reply

Latest