The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RosieGirl
I've been looking at allied healthcare professional jobs and basically all of them have a 40k ceiling

Given the average wage is something like £27k then yes.

However, it depends on which part of the country you live in too.

Need a few more details before someone can give you a definite answer... It's also quite a subjective.
Good at what stage in your career?

It isn't great if that is the maximum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
you only need a salary to survive in the end tbh.

if you can pay all your expenses (and have savings for luxuries if u want), then it's fine!
I've been looking at allied healthcare professional jobs and basically all of them have a 40k ceiling

You don't do AHP jobs for the money. If you want big bucks, think about investment banking or something. Money isn't the primary driver for people who are successful in jobs like these.
The combination of your user name 'retake student' and assertion that £600,000 p.a. isn't a 'good enough salary' is a bit awkward, to be honest with you.

Just sayin'
Reply 6
Original post by Reality Check
You don't do AHP jobs for the money. If you want big bucks, think about investment banking or something. Money isn't the primary driver for people who are successful in jobs like these.

Very true, many people don't realise this until its too late.
It doesn't matter what other people think, it matters if you're happy with what you get.
It really depends where you are in the UK. £40K in Scotland will get you a decent pile. £40K in London doesn't go so far at all.

If you have a dual income household you could be really quite comfortable though.
The combination of your user name 'retake student' and assertion that £600,000 p.a. isn't a 'good enough salary' is a bit awkward, to be honest with you.

Just sayin'

Not to mention the 07 in his username and Boss Baby avatar is making me wonder if he is 10 years old :tongue:
Reply 10
Lol well its a salary that most f*ckers are never going to make in their lifetime so yeah, its a pretty good salary... given that its more than half of what an average salary looks like
Original post by AndrewSCO
Not to mention the 07 in his username and Boss Baby avatar is making me wonder if he is 10 years old :tongue:

:rofl:

Accuracy Rating - 100%

Just sayin'

Savage. (PRSOM)
Reply 13

Depends what you want from life.

Only you know if that's a good salary depending on your expectations. I measure my salary based on disposable income anyway.
I'm judging you for you saying a 600k salary is beneath you. Based on what? Doesn't come across very well making comments like that.

I don't have a problem though, well done for being ambitious but it's not going to go down well when people are talking about 40k salaries (which is a good salary for anybody to be able to live on nicely) and coming in and saying you wouldn't even be happy with 600k a year because you're "better than that".

But not looking to get into an argument about it, it's not that big a deal. Hope you have a good day and fair play if you do reach your career aspirations, all the luck to you :smile:
40k 2 years after graduating - v good
40k 4 years after graduating - good
40k 6 years after graduating - meh
(that's from my personal view but then again i either wanna go into banking or front line politics/policy advisor so..)
(edited 6 years ago)

Just sayin'

😂 there's that shade again
"the world's average salary is $1,480 (£928) a month, which is just less than $18,000 (£11,291) a year"

so you would be 4 times the average world salary.

Just sayin'

:rofl:Have mercy ,too much.
Yes,people who go into those fields don't do it for the money,but because they enjoy the challenges of the job.
But it depends where you live though,you would struggle with a salary like that in London I can imagine.
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending