The Student Room Group

Salary on completion of DTS Degree Apprenticeship

Hi everyone - I was wondering what salary I should expect when I finish my Digital Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship? I work for a large company (JLR) and was wondering what I should expect.
Reply 1
currently finishing on 24 but some of my friends on the same course have it a little higher (around 27 i think?)
the landing role should be around 36 based on what my employer and my friends' employers are saying
Original post by szymonek
currently finishing on 24 but some of my friends on the same course have it a little higher (around 27 i think?)
the landing role should be around 36 based on what my employer and my friends' employers are saying

Thats a bit low wow, finishing at a company 30k - 31k
Reply 3

Thanks for replying. That does seem low I was expecting to start (when completing the degree apprenticeship) on £40k at least.
Reply 4
Original post by aliziathomas

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I thought that was low too.
Reply 5
Original post by aliziathomas

Original post by helloman1
Thanks for replying. That does seem low I was expecting to start (when completing the degree apprenticeship) on £40k at least.

yeh its not that great - i work for a large global company too so you wouldn't expect it
likely a mismanagement of the apprenticeship scheme, I'm fairly sure I'm the first apprentice on the DTS scheme in the company (at least for the university I go to)
never raised it as an issue (until now) because I've managed to live fine on the salary + didn't want to cause a hassle..at least the landing role is good at 36k imo
yeh its not that great - i work for a large global company too so you wouldn't expect it
likely a mismanagement of the apprenticeship scheme, I'm fairly sure I'm the first apprentice on the DTS scheme in the company (at least for the university I go to)
never raised it as an issue (until now) because I've managed to live fine on the salary + didn't want to cause a hassle..at least the landing role is good at 36k imo

If im not wrong companies who do degree apprenticeship schemes get 27k for ur salary so if ur getting paid anything less than that after 3 yrs then ur getting scammed lol , obvs cant rly do much about it but its crap from their end
Reply 7

Yeah it's not a terrible salary but you must negotiate upwards as companies will do their very best to pay you the lowest amount possible and get the most out of you.
Original post by helloman1
Yeah it's not a terrible salary but you must negotiate upwards as companies will do their very best to pay you the lowest amount possible and get the most out of you.

Lol not in a degree Apprenticeship position, they will just hire the next candidate. However for normal jobs thats great thing to do

Apply elsewhere at the same time, keep on applying for higher paying jobs, when you get accepted into one, ditch your 36k job and level up, work for what your worth. You have 3 years of experience and a degree, quickly climb up the salary ladder.
(edited 9 months ago)
just an update for anyone still here, been bumped up to 50k for the same role in the same company, work can pay off sometimes!
Reply 11
just an update for anyone still here, been bumped up to 50k for the same role in the same company, work can pay off sometimes!

woahhh which company

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending