The Student Room Group

Help please

I’m a third year dental student starting September
If I keep working like this I’ll be on 80k, 55k after tax in 2028 and it’s 2023 right now

Is there not anything else I can do to speed this up, I can’t waste so many years on no pay and dft is only 40k I could get that working 24/7 365 in a warehouse so not what my aim is

Can anyone please provide me some advice on how I could make more money in dentistry I don’t really want to wait until 2028 when I’m 26 for an 80k job when most my friends are making so much more and are younger

I know I could leave after third year with a dental studies bsc degree and have 50k but there’s no growth in that and not what I want

Any dentist or someone want to advise me?
Original post by Dentistwhwjkwn
If I keep working like this I’ll be on 80k, 55k after tax in 2028 and it’s 2023 right now

Is there not anything else I can do to speed this up, I can’t waste so many years on no pay and dft is only 40k I could get that working 24/7 365 in a warehouse so not what my aim is

Can anyone please provide me some advice on how I could make more money in dentistry I don’t really want to wait until 2028 when I’m 26 for an 80k job when most my friends are making so much more and are younger

I know I could leave after third year with a dental studies bsc degree and have 50k but there’s no growth in that and not what I want

1) 80k puts you in the top 6% of UK salaries
2) you'd be dead within a week if you worked 24/7 in a warehouse

edit: grammar
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2

You take the Andrew Tate course on how to become a big triple $$$ cryptocurrency bad boy guru (ps you should probably stop being jealous and more being happy with what you have)
Original post by I'mnotjeff
You take the Andrew Tate course on how to become a big triple $$$ cryptocurrency bad boy guru (ps you should probably stop being jealous and more being happy with what you have)

uu
(edited 8 months ago)
Or, you just get enjoy uni and get load of head at uni until Ure at that point of getting paid how much you want 🤪🤪🤪🤪

Uu
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 5
If you’re doing dentistry soley for the money you won’t be happy in it. I’d be interested to see how your friends will be making more a lot younger.

I work as a dentist, been qualified a few yrs and work full time in private practice and make just over 100k before tax. The money is obviously good but the job is stressful as I’m sure you’re well aware so not worth it just for money. You spend a long time at work that’s for sure
Apply to the millitary for a cadetship. You'll earn ~20K while at dental school then 60k in foundation year. Good luck tho because there aren't many places and you have to spend a few years with them.

Quick Reply

Latest