Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I get a barcode tattoo ? please reply asap Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
    Thats good ! I think setting off a few alarms will be funny :P

Sugar sounds sweet hehe
    Or your favourite treat but then that could change hmmm mine would probs me malteasers

It would be funny especially watching people jump when the alarm goes off !

Lol, yeah sugar , bread , eggs, milk, are all things stock so I would be able to scan myself at any shop almost.

Thanks for your advice I never thought of chocolate, crisps, biscuits, I'll consider those but I really like the maltesers idea, thanks !

Cheers
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cleverboy1991)

Lol, yeah sugar , bread , eggs, milk, are all things stock so I would be able to scan myself at any shop almost.

Thanks for your advice I never thought of chocolate, crisps, biscuits, I'll consider those but I really like the maltesers idea, thanks !

Cheers
    No problem

I am excited for you!

xxx
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    yes security tags set off alarms but in some stores were the owners has set up the alarm gates the barcodes also set the alarms off , not in all stores but some where they have been set to do that
    Sorry, but you're wrong. The scanners aren't set up to check bardcodes, they work on radio tags.

ReputationRep:

Cheers
    Ah, life goals;

Win Nobel Peace Prize
    Develop cure for cancer
    Discover civilisation on exo-planet
    Write great work of literature
    Raise three beautiful children
    Get mistaken for a bag of sugar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ysmnx)
    I think they look really nice, if you're sure it's something you'll continue liking and won't regret it years down the line then why not
    Hi again !

I finally got my UPC barcode tattoo, I'm very happy with it and the tattooist did an excellent job ! Thanks for the advice last time regarding this tattoo.
    Name:  1505308750595-272101888.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  245.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    I am 25 and I've wanted a barcode tattoo for ages, I would put it on my wrist.

I would like it to scan and I know they can because I've seen and read about barcode tattoos that work under barcode scanners.
    However I don't want to be walking out of a shop and setting the store alarms off with my barcode tattoo, that is the only thing that slightly worries me lol.

Anyway I have decided I really want this tattoo and think I will get it, jut wodering your opinions on them, thanks
    personally I always think tattoos are a bad idea, but if you want one, go ahead.

ReputationRep:
    No problem

I am excited for you!

xxx
    Hi, thanks for your help last time regarding this UPC barcode tattoo. I finally got it and I'm so happy with it !

Name:  15053090236001535677970.jpg
Size:  464.9 KB
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Keep in mind that tattoos bleed slightly and thin lines can almost double in size over the years so make sure there's a good amount of space between the lines.
    Your tattoo may not scan correctly after some years for those reasons.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for your help last time regarding this UPC barcode tattoo. I finally got it and I'm so happy with it !

It looks good! But the middle lines may bleed into one another so it won't read properly in a few years so enioy it while you can. What does the barcode show when you scan it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannxm)
    It looks good! But the middle lines may bleed into one another so it won't read properly in a few years so enioy it while you can. What does the barcode show when you scan it?
    Thank you very much
    I hope it will not fade, if in a few years it does I will have it redone or get a barcode on my other wrist.

I guess you don't have a barcode scanner available, but if you have the app you can scan it with your phone and see what item I am !

Still a little wary leaving stores in case the alarms go off so I am covering it with my other hand atm when exiting through store alarm gates lol

ReputationRep:
    Hi again !

I finally got my UPC barcode tattoo, I'm very happy with it and the tattooist did an excellent job ! Thanks for the advice last time regarding this tattoo.
    Name:  1505308750595-272101888.jpg
Size:  245.8 KB
    Have you scanned yourself yet?

Did you come up as kingsmill white bread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 408655)
    Have you scanned yourself yet?

Did you come up as kingsmill white bread?
    Yes, I officially scan and have a fully operational barcode on my wrist

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I officially scan and have a fully operational barcode on my wrist
    Interesting

What did you come up as?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 408655)
    Interesting

What did you come up as?
    Top secret !

You will have to scan me to find out
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:

Yay so happy for you what does it scan

ReputationRep:
    Yay so happy for you what does it scan
    Thanks ! Was a bit sore to begin with but has now nicely blended into my skin.

It scans as chocolate !

ReputationRep:
    You realise that store alarms don't work on barcodes right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    i was waiting for someone to point that out lol. Barcodes are used to know how much of that product is left in stock&price, not as a precaution against theft 😂
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    Thanks ! Was a bit sore to begin with but has now nicely blended into my skin.

It scans as chocolate !
    Yay perfect chocolate is the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    Barcodes set off alarms in some shops that are programmed to
    (Original post by chrhr)
    i was waiting for someone to point that out lol. Barcodes are used to know how much of that product is left in stock&price, not as a precaution against theft 😂
    See above

Yay perfect chocolate is the best!
    Exactly and almost every store sells chocolate, so I can get scanned in lots of places !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.