The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

IELTS!

Hi,
I got a conditional offer from LCC for an undergraduate course and because English is not my first language I had to take an IELTS test. I should've achieved the minimum overall band score of 6.0 with no components under 5.5. I just got my result today and I had the overall band score of 6 with three 6 and one 5!!!!! Do you think I can negotiate with the university to accept me?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by nima.kh
Hi,
I got a conditional offer from LCC for an undergraduate course and because English is not my first language I had to take an IELTS test. I should've achieved the minimum overall band score of 6.0 with no components under 5.5. I just got my result today and I had the overall band score of 6 with three 6 and one 5!!!!! Do you think I can negotiate with the university to accept me?

You dont negotiate but you can ask as its their discretion. They may attach further requirements such as attending a course at their language centre (9 weeks) or a retake. There are no precessional places available as they are full at the moment.

Toy lose nothing by asking.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending