The Student Room Group

What if I didn't reach the IELTS requirement?

I am an international student for Cambridge CS. Is it possible to have pre-sessional lessons to waive the IELTS?
They require 7.5 and I got 7.0.
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/entrance-requirements/english-language-requirements

You will have to ask the college you are applying for whether there are alternatives - or can't you just resit it? The page above says "valid on the first day of the Cambridge course".
Original post by HARIMOTO2005
I am an international student for Cambridge CS. Is it possible to have pre-sessional lessons to waive the IELTS?

It's up to the Uni/course to decide. It depends what part of IELTS dragged your overall down and how they feel that fits with your profile and the course requirements. You have to submit your IELTS and see what they come back with. There are usually 3 options, they accept the IELTS anyway, they do an online/phone test, or they require a pre-sessional course.
Hi there! You are not required to have IELTS before you apply. Your English language abilities are assessed throughout your application and if you are made an offer, you may be made an English langauge condition, usually to achieve a set grade in TOEFL or IELTS by the end of next summer. There's no need to worry if you're not quite there yet!
Original post by HARIMOTO2005

Hi, if anyone is struggling to get the perfect IELTS score, my DM is open for support ::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending