The Student Room Group

I got an E in my AS German what should I do?

I got BCE the E being in German. I don't know what to do and I don't think it's worth doing in the second year, but I need 3 A -level to be able to go to uni.

What should I do?
Original post by FabStudent
I got BCE the E being in German. I don't know what to do and I don't think it's worth doing in the second year, but I need 3 A -level to be able to go to uni.

What should I do?

Talk to your teacher. If you decide you cant improve then drop it and do an A level in one year or BTEC. That will give you three.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Talk to your teacher. If you decide you cant improve then drop it and do an A level in one year or BTEC. That will give you three.

Is it possible to do an A-level in a year without getting completely stressed out?
Original post by FabStudent
Is it possible to do an A-level in a year without getting completely stressed out?

Depends how clever you are. the btec you can do in a year, the one thats equivalent to an A level. Your alternative is to just do two, but that will severely limit uni choices.
Reply 4
Depends how clever you are. the btec you can do in a year, the one thats equivalent to an A level. Your alternative is to just do two, but that will severely limit uni choices.

Yeah, I thought the same :l I'll have to ask school before I make any decisions.
Reply 5
Hi there,
First of all well done for your other two grades :smile:. Have you thought of retaking the module where you received the lowest mark? That could give you the chance to improve your overall AS grade and you could still carry on with your A2. I hope it all works out wishing you all the best for it :smile:
Original post by germ18
Hi there,
First of all well done for your other two grades :smile:. Have you thought of retaking the module where you received the lowest mark? That could give you the chance to improve your overall AS grade and you could still carry on with your A2. I hope it all works out wishing you all the best for it :smile:

More than likely its linear now, unless CIE.
Its also probable that there is a significant issue with German .
Reply 7
More than likely its linear now, unless CIE.
Its also probable that there is a significant issue with German .

The spec has changed for this year, so what we learnt in GCSE didn't really give us a good basis to work from. Our teacher left at the beginning of the year too, so it has been very shaky throughout. There were few people in my class but the ones I know got U's/E's.

They were hard working too!

I don't like to blame the teachers, but come on. Like if your whole class is failing you're definitely doing something wrong. Especially when I've been graded B's all year.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest