The Student Room Group

Degree in economics

I was wondering what sort of jobs I can get with an economics degree. Or what I can do after uni to get a better chance of getting a high paid job.
Original post by H_MO
I was wondering what sort of jobs I can get with an economics degree. Or what I can do after uni to get a better chance of getting a high paid job.

A lot of jobs that require 'a 2:1 or above in a numerical degree'. I guess you might want to start with the finance sector, research roles and see if anything takes your fancy. Worst cokes to worse, look up highest paying finance jobs, but do thorough research into each role that you like the look of - no fun in working in a role that you don't like at all for the money. Having gone through this process myself, I've set my sights on becoming an actuary (albeit as a maths undergrad) so you might want to look up this role and see if it's to your taste.

You mentioned doing stuff post uni but don't forget to do stuff while you're at uni - placement years or summer internships (or spring weeks if you're IB inclined), extracurriculars to build up your CV etc etc.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending