The Student Room Group

Deloitte/EY Capp assessments

----
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by uxa595
Hi,

Has anyone done Deloitte/EYs online tests this year.
I'm able to pass other providers I've come in contact with but I messed up Deloitte last year and EY this year doing Capp. Now I'd like to make sure I at least pass Deloitte this year.

Where can I practice?
I have jobtestprep and graduate monkey but I can't find these new Capp assessments.

I did EY online test and just passed it around last week. It was not tricky at all. The numerical and verbal are the standard ones you can find and for the 'what's your mindset', it's pretty much just knowing what quality EY is looking for in their employees and you are set.
Original post by uxa595
How long would you say you took to do the numerical - also how many did you get out of 12 you think?
I thought I did well - normally pass numericals - but failed capp twice.
I've proof checked my answers too.

You commonly see online that they suggested you take less than 1 mins per question but that was impossible for me to ensure accuracy. My time was like ranging from 20 seconds to almost 2 mins in some questions. I got band 7 which was really unexpected cause I legit guessed one question cause I didn't want to spend over 2 mins on it.
Reply 3
--
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by uxa595
My thoughts exactly - some questions were very basic and required adding two numbers together. However, those ranking ones required you to do like 5-6 calculations ... taking up around 2 min. I thought that's what messed me up ... and I guessed one for times sake too.

Will wait for the report - must be overestimating my accuracy I guess.

You'll be fine! Let me know how things go :smile:
Reply 5
--
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Guys is there anyway I can learn to do numerical and verbal questions, or even practice them before doing the test? I really want a job after I graduate...don't even have any internships. A level 7 is such a high score, how do I even get to that level?
Original post by Senll
Guys is there anyway I can learn to do numerical and verbal questions, or even practice them before doing the test? I really want a job after I graduate...don't even have any internships. A level 7 is such a high score, how do I even get to that level?

To be honest, it's because I'm doing engineering degree. It helps a lot when which calculation and approximation but the actual calculation is really easy if you have time. So it boils down to time management.

So do practice questions online especially looking at graphs and charts and learn to be quick and accurate on calculator.

I don't think I did that well in terms of verbal but i don't know cause they didn't do level break down for that but I think spend time reading and understand the context and you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 8
I was wondering if EY has a personality test. For some reason that's the test I screw up on, and I don't know why.
Reply 9
Does anyone have any recommended sites that have similar questions/format to the Deloitte etc. CAPP assessments? The CAPP website has a brief demo but it is only 3 questions and not scored...
For those who have done the EY numerical/verbal tests this year, how long did it take for you to get any sort of response? I did them today and was expecting at least a confirmation email, but nothing has come through. Is this the norm?
Reply 11
Original post by CluffyUno
For those who have done the EY numerical/verbal tests this year, how long did it take for you to get any sort of response? I did them today and was expecting at least a confirmation email, but nothing has come through. Is this the norm?

I did mine at night, and got a response the next day that I passed them!
Reply 12
Has anyone else got a phone interview with EY this week?
Reply 13
Assessment Day have a free practice Capp test you can try. I bought the packs to practice and they were really helpful.
Reply 14
Original post by dmurch
Assessment Day have a free practice Capp test you can try. I bought the packs to practice and they were really helpful.

By any chance have you still got the resources numerical for capp?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending