The Student Room Group

Need help with English marks and remark

From the mark breakdown of each paper given by my school i have roughly have half the number of marks in paper 1 for both English it and lang than paper 2.
One of my paper 2 totals goes above 80 even though I believe each paper was out of 80 marks.
I have given the Equdas (WJEC) papers for English, C700 and C720.

Other than that i was a mark off a higher grade for both lit and language am i likely to go up a grade if i remark?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Quadss
From the mark breakdown of each paper given by my school i have roughly have half the number of marks in paper 1 for both English it and lang than paper 2.
One of my paper 2 totals goes above 80 even though I believe each paper was out of 80 marks.
I have given the Equdas (WJEC) papers for English, C700 and C720.

Other than that i was a mark off a higher grade for both lit and language am i likely to go up a grade if i remark?

I did aqa and was 2 marks off the boundary for a 7 in language so I got a remark, its definitely worth getting it remarked because English is so subjective and people have different opinions when marking as the mark scheme is very general. also remember you get the money back if the grade on the paper goes up
Reply 2
Original post by turbanator165
I did aqa and was 2 marks off the boundary for a 7 in language so I got a remark, its definitely worth getting it remarked because English is so subjective and people have different opinions when marking as the mark scheme is very general. also remember you get the money back if the grade on the paper goes up

the only issue i have is that i dont understand the marks i received for each of my papers like i said i got 88 in paper 2 for eng lang but there are only 80 marks so that makes no sense whatsoever, however i got half of that in paper 1 which also makes no sense.
Oh and if i get a lower grade from the remark will that be my final grade?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Oh and to clarify i got 35 in paper 1 and 66 in paper 2 for language and 43 in paper 1 and 88 in paper 2 for literature
So lang total = 101
and lit total = 131

However if i recall correctly each paper had two sections adding up to 80 marks altogether so how did i get 88? i am completely lost
Original post by Quadss
Oh and to clarify i got 35 in paper 1 and 66 in paper 2 for language and 43 in paper 1 and 88 in paper 2 for literature
So lang total = 101
and lit total = 131

However if i recall correctly each paper had two sections adding up to 80 marks altogether so how did i get 88? i am completely lost

if you get a remark there is always the risk of it going down yes

Quick Reply

Latest