Haider00
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I really messed up my gcses buy getting ABBBBBBCCD but i started to pick my self up for A level and could get an A*AA prediction which is what LSE says I need to study financial mathematics and statistics, will my GCSEs end up hindering me? right now im doing math chemistry and economics which are all good subjects.
ihatehannah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Haider00)
I really messed up my gcses buy getting ABBBBBBCCD but i started to pick my self up for A level and could get an A*AA prediction which is what LSE says I need to study financial mathematics and statistics, will my GCSEs end up hindering me? right now im doing math chemistry and economics which are all good subjects.
You can't do that course without doing a2 fm or AS further maths, you NEED to have further maths.

Your GCSEs are below average, but LSE put a lot of emphasis on the personal statement, so if you make a banging ps you still have a chance, providing you pick up further maths.
Haider00
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by ihatehannah)
You can't do that course without doing a2 fm or AS further maths, you NEED to have further maths.

Your GCSEs are below average, but LSE put a lot of emphasis on the personal statement, so if you make a banging ps you still have a chance, providing you pick up further maths.
Nowhere does it say that I need further maths, not on ucas or there website, doesnt even say that its preferred. Please do your research before commenting please :3
FGT18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The OP is right in as much as it's not an "official" requirement - If you can do it though it would be v.useful, even to AS...

Especially considering slightly weaker GCSEs. Which was your maths grade?
ihatehannah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Haider00)
Nowhere does it say that I need further maths, not on ucas or there website, doesnt even say that its preferred. Please do your research before commenting please :3
Perhaps, you should do your own research? http://prntscr.com/gf0dqr
smegsxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
On the website for LSE Financial Mathematics and Statistics it says "Where it is offered by your school or college, AS or A level Further Mathematics is expected to be taken" (read under the assessing your application tab)
http://www.lse.ac.uk/Study-at-LSE/Un...and-Statistics
On the subject of GCSEs however, it is often seen by LSE that AS and predicted A2 grades are more important as well as a good personal statement, so I'd focus on your personal statement when applying to LSE courses (this assessing your application tab also has help on personal statements and what they want to see)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (654)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (824)
42.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (380)
19.54%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.47%

Watched Threads