The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Requirements

I really messed up my gcses buy getting ABBBBBBCCD but i started to pick my self up for A level and could get an A*AA prediction which is what LSE says I need to study financial mathematics and statistics, will my GCSEs end up hindering me? right now im doing math chemistry and economics which are all good subjects.
Original post by Haider00
I really messed up my gcses buy getting ABBBBBBCCD but i started to pick my self up for A level and could get an A*AA prediction which is what LSE says I need to study financial mathematics and statistics, will my GCSEs end up hindering me? right now im doing math chemistry and economics which are all good subjects.

You can't do that course without doing a2 fm or AS further maths, you NEED to have further maths.

Your GCSEs are below average, but LSE put a lot of emphasis on the personal statement, so if you make a banging ps you still have a chance, providing you pick up further maths.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by ihatehannah
You can't do that course without doing a2 fm or AS further maths, you NEED to have further maths.

Your GCSEs are below average, but LSE put a lot of emphasis on the personal statement, so if you make a banging ps you still have a chance, providing you pick up further maths.

Nowhere does it say that I need further maths, not on ucas or there website, doesnt even say that its preferred. Please do your research before commenting please :3
Reply 3
The OP is right in as much as it's not an "official" requirement - If you can do it though it would be v.useful, even to AS...

Especially considering slightly weaker GCSEs. Which was your maths grade?
Original post by Haider00
Nowhere does it say that I need further maths, not on ucas or there website, doesnt even say that its preferred. Please do your research before commenting please :3

Perhaps, you should do your own research? http://prntscr.com/gf0dqr
Reply 5
On the website for LSE Financial Mathematics and Statistics it says "Where it is offered by your school or college, AS or A level Further Mathematics is expected to be taken" (read under the assessing your application tab)
http://www.lse.ac.uk/Study-at-LSE/Undergraduate/Degree-programmes-2018/BSc-Financial-Mathematics-and-Statistics
On the subject of GCSEs however, it is often seen by LSE that AS and predicted A2 grades are more important as well as a good personal statement, so I'd focus on your personal statement when applying to LSE courses :smile: (this assessing your application tab also has help on personal statements and what they want to see)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending