The Student Room Group

UKCAT AVG 670 - Band 2 - What university should I apply to?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by APPLICANT2016
Maybe Keele, St Georges, UAE, Liverpool ?

Keele gives A*AA offers which is not really achievable for me. UAE needs grade A in Eng Lang but I only have a B and for the other 2, I already mentioned them before.

I am thinking of applying to St George's, Liverpool, Hull York and Plymouth. Opinions?
Original post by t10r
Keele gives A*AA offers which is not really achievable for me. UAE needs grade A in Eng Lang but I only have a B and for the other 2, I already mentioned them before.

I am thinking of applying to St George's, Liverpool, Hull York and Plymouth. Opinions?

Good choices! Good luck with your application.
Reply 22
Original post by APPLICANT2016
Good choices! Good luck with your application.

Thank you very much. I appteciate all the help you're giving me during such stressful times.

Are you applying this year?
Original post by t10r
Thank you very much. I appteciate all the help you're giving me during such stressful times.

Are you applying this year?

I'm starting at Liverpool for medicine in 3 weeks :-)
Original post by t10r
I'm currently thinking of HYMS, St George's, Liverpool and Plymouth. I am also considering Manchester, QMUL and Leicester but not sure about these three. What do you think about these choices?

I can't apply to Bristol because of my B in Eng Lang and Keele give offers at A*AA which is not possible for me realistically.

I've been wanting to go to Bristol but I also have a B in Lang; yet I have been constantly checking for 2018 entry requirements and they've now changed the Lang requirement to a C! So you should be eligible for Bristol :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by 12345John12345
I've been wanting to go to Bristol but I also have a B in Lang; yet I have been constantly checking for 2018 entry requirements and they've now changed the Lang requirement to a C! So you should be eligible for Bristol :smile:

I don't think that's right. Link please?
Original post by t10r
I don't think that's right. Link please?

It's updated for 2018 - heres the link to their website :smile: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/entry-requirements-qualifications/gcse/standard-literacy/
Reply 27

Oh perfect, I'll ring them tomorrow and just double check.
Original post by t10r
Oh perfect, I'll ring them tomorrow and just double check.

Okay, would you mind letting me know what they say please? Just as I want to apply to Bristol as well. Thank you :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by 12345John12345
Okay, would you mind letting me know what they say please? Just as I want to apply to Bristol as well. Thank you :smile:

Sure
Original post by t10r
Sure

Thanks
Reply 31
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Try Leicester, hull york, Plymouth, St. George's, Manchester, possibly Southampton and Liverpool your ukcat is good you have quite a few choices

Avoid Sheffield Cardiff Newcastle Birmingham queens Belfast.
What are your B's in?

Why avoid Cardiff? Theyre not UKCAT heavy
Reply 32
Original post by Mitwixo
Why avoid Cardiff? Theyre not UKCAT heavy

But they're GCSE heavy and my GCSEs are "modest"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending