The Student Room Group

What can you do with a degree in History?

Is there anyone who has a History degree that can tell me what are they doing currently career wise? I want to study History at Uni but I'm not sure if I will be able to get a good job in the field that also pays well.
History is a degree that has a lot of transferrable skills - providing you get good grades and good work experience, you will be able to find a good career. I know some people who studied history who went to become accountants, lawyers and teachers, whilst some are pursuing the academic route and applied for Masters. In terms of what you will do, it depends on your career interests and personality.
Original post by elliot_black
Is there anyone who has a History degree that can tell me what are they doing currently career wise? I want to study History at Uni but I'm not sure if I will be able to get a good job in the field that also pays well.

Anything that doesn't require a specific subject (most finance, accounting, banking, law, consulting, management, HR etc schemes), teaching, academia, museum work, curation, tourism in historical places, etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elliot_black

One of the lawyers where I work did a History degree originally, then went into Law via the law conversion course (currently the GDL but apparently changing soon). Teaching is an obvious one. But pretty much anything that doesn't require a specific degree, as with any humanities degree. Work experience is essential as is a strong job application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending