The Student Room Group

1 Mark off Grade 8 in Maths - Remark?

There are 300 marks in total and I was just 1 mark off an A*.
Is it worth getting all 3 papers remarked?
Is Maths likely to increase?
well, OBVIOUSLY
Reply 2
Original post by AsianG99

Hi, there. Speak to your school about this first because they'll be able to sort that out for you. :smile:

Your probability of success is small. If you can afford to lose the remark fees if the grade doesnt increase then go ahead, personally I'd spend the money on lottery tickets.
Reply 4
Original post by gdunne42
Your probability of success is small. If you can afford to lose the remark fees if the grade doesnt increase then go ahead, personally I'd spend the money on lottery tickets.

The finance side isn't an issue
It's just that 1 mark could be gained from anything
Also I just reallly want that A*
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Hi, there. Speak to your school about this first because they'll be able to sort that out for you. :smile:

Yeah they said something about looking through the scripts and writing down students that were borderline or something
Reply 6
Original post by doggypoop69
well, OBVIOUSLY

All 3 papers?
The finance side isn't an issue
It's just that 1 mark could be gained from anything

Remarks aren't really about hoping to find a single mark to bump a grade they are there to correct major mistakes that sometimes occur in the marking process.
If you remark all 3 and one goes up, one stays the same and one goes down (which can happen) you are back where you started from.
It's a gamble, it's up to you whether you go for it.
Reply 8
Yeah they said something about looking through the scripts and writing down students that were borderline or something

I see. I would try chasing them up for an update about whether they would consider putting your Maths papers up for remark, though they should inform you anyways (I hope).
Reply 9
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
I see. I would try chasing them up for an update about whether they would consider putting your Maths papers up for remark, though they should inform you anyways (I hope).

Yeah that sounds like a good idea
I've seen some posts saying the remark deadline is 9th september
My school said it was 19th september?
All 3 papers?

If it ain't a problem financially then go for it.
I'm sure you'll get that A*
Reply 11
Yeah that sounds like a good idea
I've seen some posts saying the remark deadline is 9th september
My school said it was 19th september?

From what I can see, the deadline is 21st September but obviously get the situation with the remarks sorted well before than. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest