The Student Room Group

maths gcse - 1 mark off boundary

i got my maths back and got 173, with 174 being an 8. i was a bit annoyed as it was my only 7, is it worth getting a remark considering the cost and also that a 7 is still a good grade to have achieved? I am not taking a level maths.
Original post by gardengnome_
i got my maths back and got 173, with 174 being an 8. i was a bit annoyed as it was my only 7, is it worth getting a remark considering the cost and also that a 7 is still a good grade to have achieved? I am not taking a level maths.

Remark it. Dont consider cost. Your gcse’s are a reflection of your work.
Reply 2
Original post by gardengnome_

I recommend asking to see your marked paper first as then you can see the marking and if there potentially is any marks to be gained. If you do gain a grade you will not have to pay but please note that your marks can potentially go down.

As it is not an essay based subject where marks can be considered more subjective to the examiner, you may not even gain any marks.

Quick Reply

Latest