The Student Room Group

Less 'dry', more flexible economics courses?

Hi, I'm planning on applying to do an economics course.

I've looked round a couple of universities and a few economics courses seem enormously dry like Manchester's BSc course which only seems to focus on maths and econometrics and none of the more practical, less theoretical stuff. On the other hand, I went to Leeds and was massively impressed with its course as it seemed to offer enormous flexibility and lots of interesting units.

Does anyone know of any other Economics courses that are like this? That are still, ideally, a BSc? Also preferably more Northern as I live in Newcastle, but I'm open to anything. I just need to flesh out my choices, my predicted grades are AAA.
Reply 1
Original post by epicflyingcat
Hi, I'm planning on applying to do an economics course.

I've looked round a couple of universities and a few economics courses seem enormously dry like Manchester's BSc course which only seems to focus on maths and econometrics and none of the more practical, less theoretical stuff. On the other hand, I went to Leeds and was massively impressed with its course as it seemed to offer enormous flexibility and lots of interesting units.

Does anyone know of any other Economics courses that are like this? That are still, ideally, a BSc? Also preferably more Northern as I live in Newcastle, but I'm open to anything. I just need to flesh out my choices, my predicted grades are AAA.

Birmingham, like Leeds, offers a much more applied economics degree. There are lots of modules on current/topical real life economic issues as well as economic history.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending