The Student Room Group

Southampton medicine entry 2018

Scroll to see replies

Just got an unconditional offer after 4 rejections last year so excited! Interview was 6th March, can't remember what time but don't lose hope if you don't get it first time!
Original post by Szandihun
Good Luck to everyone who is in the last batch of interviews today! Was a long wait... Soon we'll all knooow! :colondollar:
is there anyone who got an offer and planning not to choose Soton? abmnd why? Just wondering what people thoughts are :smile:

I've gone for it as insurance but as a grad, that means nothing really. So maybe my offer will go elsewhere?
Soton was always going to be insurance, that's why. My first choice was a different uni
Offer at 18:07 yesterday. Home student, interviewed on 6th March.
Original post by Amie118
Offer at 18:07 yesterday. Home student, interviewed on 6th March.

is there a Facebook group chat for offer holders??
Original post by fiddlesticks23

I'm not sure I'm afraid! I think someone needs to add us :smile:
To any current Soton med students.... how much approximately is accomodation after 1st year (i.e. not student accomodation) per week?
Thanks!
Reply 766
Original post by queenfluffy23
To any current Soton med students.... how much approximately is accomodation after 1st year (i.e. not student accomodation) per week?
Thanks!

depends on area and house (approx 80-100) for good quality houses
Original post by fiddlesticks23

yeh there is!
Reply 768
Original post by queenfluffy23
Thanks!

Depends on the location, how many people you're with and how nice the house is - i'm paying 92 a week for a 6 bedroom right next to the uni next year. When we were viewing however, some were as low as 75 per week if you were willing to sacrifice on location etc.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 769
has anyone who had their interview on 28th March heard back yet?
Original post by jiyac

Not yet, they told me 2-4 weeks though, and it’s only been 1
Reply 771
Original post by jiyac

Offer on tracker @15:30. So Happy!
Original post by lulal
Offer on tracker @15:30. So Happy!

Me too!! Offer at 15.30 on UCAS track. It’s my first choice uni as well!!!
Reply 773
Got an offer at 15:30 on track as well! Had my interview on the 19th, so surprised I got an offer but so so happy! :biggrin:
any internationals from Feb. 28th heard back yet?
Received an offer on 10th April, had my interview on 28th March :smile:
Hi I am looking for some advice regarding university halls. Which one of them is on the bus route between university and hospital ? any ideas.which is the preferred one for medics . Many thanks
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 777
Original post by rrmandala
Hi I am looking for some advice regarding university halls. Which one of them is on the bus route between university and hospital ? any ideas.which is the preferred one for medics . Many thanks

During first year most stay in glen eyre and wessex lane :smile: Both are on the U6H route, which will take you to the hospital and campus.
Reply 778
Original post by rrmandala

I would highly recommend glen eyre-close, 10 min walk to campus, and sports centre, 7 min to bus stop
Thank you Mudas and Ginga

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending