The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

University of Warwick 2018 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Hafsa
I got my offer for Law last week Thursday, you’ll hear back soon, don’t worry too much!

Received an offer yesterday!
It was such a long wait and I am honestly so relieved that I got it.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by mmm_sweetpotato
Received an offer yesterday!
It was such a long wait and I am honestly so relieved that I got it.

Congratulations! You didn’t have to worry at all - now the waiting game is over it’s time to work even harder for those grades!
Original post by HoldThisL
After initially considering Warwick and deciding not to apply, I applied as a last minute change of heart before sending off my UCAS and Warwick is now my first choice.

I've applied for PPE. I'm predicted A*AA.

Also applying to Surrey, Loughborough, Essex and Surrey which is my insurance.

I now have an offer of A*AA from Warwick which I will likely firm.

Heyyy i am also planning to study in warwick in PPE i received an offer and i wanted to know if you will go there ?
Original post by elliot_s
Heyyy i am also planning to study in warwick in PPE i received an offer and i wanted to know if you will go there ?

Yes I firmed my offer a few weeks ago, just need to get the grades now.
Yes I firmed my offer a few weeks ago, just need to get the grades now.

Nice ! I hopeThay you will have the grades so That we could meet each other ! What are the grades you need ?
Original post by elliot_s
Nice ! I hopeThay you will have the grades so That we could meet each other ! What are the grades you need ?

A*AA - sure hope I get that, are you in the Facebook group and/or Messenger chat?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/168900813713344/
A*AA - sure hope I get that, are you in the Facebook group and/or Messenger chat?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/168900813713344/

I Had a problem with my fb count i was hacked so if possible can i join the messenger chat what it the name ?
I’ll create a new count fb later !
Original post by Fluxisms
Hey!

I'm Lauren from (just outside of) Manchester.
My course is Cyber Security and I'm predicted AAA; I received an offer early December.

I don't know anyone else who has applied for or attends Warwick, so if anyone is getting to know other applicants please pm me.

*Hey Lauren, I was offered and 'firmed' Warwick CyberSecurity also. Im Gavin, currently, in the military transitioning to civilian life after 11 years service. I live locally in Coventry and can say it's a great Uni, but can only speak from what I've heard from friends who studied there.

Never got the chance to visit an open day... did you? I turned down Coventry and Birmingham
Original post by TheMatt
Name: Matt
Course:
Computer Science / Cyber Security
Predicted grades:
N/A - I'm a mature student so my entry is mainly based on some Open University modules I have done recently
Also applying at: Loughborough, Leicester, De Montfort

Still waiting for a response for my app for Warwick - congrats to everyone who has received offers so far :gthumb:

*Hey Matt, I was offered and 'firmed' Warwick CyberSecurity also. Im Gavin, currently, in the military transitioning to civilian life after 11 years service. I live locally in Coventry and can say it's a great Uni, but can only speak from what I've heard from friends who studied there.

Did you get an offer in the end?
Original post by Hilordparamount
*Hey Matt, I was offered and 'firmed' Warwick CyberSecurity also. Im Gavin, currently, in the military transitioning to civilian life after 11 years service. I live locally in Coventry and can say it's a great Uni, but can only speak from what I've heard from friends who studied there.

Did you get an offer in the end?

Hi,
I did get an offer, but I ended up choosing a course at Loughborough Uni instead. Warwick does look really nice though and it was a tough choice but felt like the right one for me.
Original post by TheMatt
Hi,
I did get an offer, but I ended up choosing a course at Loughborough Uni instead. Warwick does look really nice though and it was a tough choice but felt like the right one for me.

Sorry to hear you didn't get an offer. However, Loughborough is another good university! Good luck for the future.
Original post by Hilordparamount
Sorry to hear you didn't get an offer. However, Loughborough is another good university! Good luck for the future.

Lmao wrong time to bump this thread, just appeared alongside 'University of Warwick suspends 11 students over rape jokes' for me ...
Hi guys, is there anyone who works at the uni here answering questions? If so, I’m just wondering are there any scholarships to apply for this year? I can’t seem to see any apart from the means tested Warwick bursary. Thanks
Original post by Med123888
Hi guys, is there anyone who works at the uni here answering questions? If so, I’m just wondering are there any scholarships to apply for this year? I can’t seem to see any apart from the means tested Warwick bursary. Thanks

I currently study here so feel free to PM me with any questions :smile:
Name: Flo
Course: Cyber Security
Predicted grades: D*D*D*
Also applying for Surrey, Kent, Plymouth and Sussex, but my firm choice is Warwick

Feel free to message me if anyone created a group chat with the students from cyber security or if you know more people who are coming to cyber security so we could create one :smile:
Reply 876
Name: Faye
Course: Chemistry MChem w industrial placement
Predicted grades: Chemistry-A, Maths-A*, Further Maths-B
Applied at: Warwick, Bath, Oxford, Southampton, Surrey
Firm: Warwick
Insurance: Bath
Original post by Vanvu234
Name: Flo
Course: Cyber Security
Predicted grades: D*D*D*
Also applying for Surrey, Kent, Plymouth and Sussex, but my firm choice is Warwick

Feel free to message me if anyone created a group chat with the students from cyber security or if you know more people who are coming to cyber security so we could create one :smile:

Flo, are you hoping to start this sept/oct? If so... me too :smile:
Has anyone gotten any emails regarding accomodation?
Original post by Rohan77642
Has anyone gotten any emails regarding accomodation?

Not yet...
I have an unconditional offer confirmed but I still haven't got CAS either 😐
As an international student applying for the UK Student Visa, I hope I can get my CAS anytime soon 😫

Quick Reply

Latest