The Student Room Group

Help me. Science.

Thinking about my A-Level options, I want to take maths and economics. Would it be useful to take a science too? I definitely don't want to take chemistry, I really don't enjoy the plant side of biology and I don't really feel confident in physics. What should I do??
Original post by TheTinyChild
Thinking about my A-Level options, I want to take maths and economics. Would it be useful to take a science too? I definitely don't want to take chemistry, I really don't enjoy the plant side of biology and I don't really feel confident in physics. What should I do??

What are you planning to read at university? If the course doesn't require a science (and if you don't like science subjects) then don't take it as an A-Level.
It depends on what you want to do at Uni xxx
Reply 3
Do you have any idea what you would like to study in the future? There isn't no point taking science if you don't enjoy it and don't need it for your chosen career path. Do you particularly enjoy physics or biology?
Have you considered a BTEC in science? Ask your school for options. You shouldn't take a science subject if you're not going to like it, though.

Maybe Business would work better with your choices?
Original post by Blue_Cow
What are you planning to read at university? If the course doesn't require a science (and if you don't like science subjects) then don't take it as an A-Level.

Not entirely sure but something along the lines of maths and economics

Don't take a science subject then. Further Maths will suit you better (if you want to do it, that is).

Well I'm currently taking biology and chemistry and I can tell you they are hard. I enjoy them though so if you really don't enjoy the sciences go for something like history, sociology or geography (obvs if you are eligible for those) as they go well with your other subjects
Don't take a science subject then. Further Maths will suit you better (if you want to do it, that is).

I'm taking that with maths but I still need at least one more subject and I'm not sure what it should be
I'm taking that with maths but I still need at least one more subject and I'm not sure what it should be

I would say Further Additional Mathematics but that's just crazy...

There's a good chance that you might like Computer Science if you're a mathsy person. Economics could also be an option?
I would say Further Additional Mathematics but that's just crazy...

There's a good chance that you might like Computer Science if you're a mathsy person. Economics could also be an option?

I want to take maths further maths and economics, but I heard that maths and further maths count as one a-level so I need at least one more. I feel like the logical thing would be to take a science but I'm scared that I won't do well in it
I want to take maths further maths and economics, but I heard that maths and further maths count as one a-level so I need at least one more. I feel like the logical thing would be to take a science but I'm scared that I won't do well in it

Whatever you pick, just make sure you enjoy it. If you enjoy a subject, you'll be more engaged and thus, do well in it.
Whatever you pick, just make sure you enjoy it. If you enjoy a subject, you'll be more engaged and thus, do well in it.

thank you :smile: although it doesn't help I hate just about everything lol
thank you :smile: although it doesn't help I hate just about everything lol

Aw. Fortunately, A-Levels are only two years.

If literally, NOTHING else interests you, just pick the subject you got the highest grade in at GCSE.

Quick Reply

Latest