The Student Room Group

Law Degree - what skills?

I'm looking to do a Law degree and I was wondering if any Law students had any tips to make your application standout?
As well as this, what skills did you mention in your personal statement?
Original post by TSRBaccStudent
I'm looking to do a Law degree and I was wondering if any Law students had any tips to make your application standout?

Be genuine and avoid cliche.
They are thinking about admitting you as a student and not a practicing lawyer.
Probably do you more good to just research and look for the skills rather then me tell you.
Original post by 999tigger
Be genuine and avoid cliche.
They are thinking about admitting you as a student and not a practicing lawyer.
Probably do you more good to just research and look for the skills rather then me tell you.

@999tigger thank you very much for this response :smile:
This is going to sound really stupid but I have researched it (contrary to the question :'D). I posted this for one of my A-level courses where we have to uniquely research degree options (lol i want to do a History degree but did all my previous stuff for Law so have to go along with it)
Thank you very much for assisting me in my work and sorry to be annoying ah!! :biggrin:
Original post by TSRBaccStudent

Keep it academic, exhibit realistic and mature motivation to study Law, ensure the structure of your personal statement is effectively flawless.
Original post by Arbitio LNAT
Keep it academic, exhibit realistic and mature motivation to study Law, ensure the structure of your personal statement is effectively flawless.

Very helpful, thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest