The Student Room Group

A levels difficulty

I am going to start college and I wanted to know whether doing biology, chemistry and psychology a level would be hard and what degrees could I do with this?
Any biology or psychology course. Most chemistry courses (although some require maths a-level) but biochemistry courses would be totally open to my knowledge. Medicine would also be accessible although perhaps you would be less competitive than those with maths or physics as third subject. Other than that pretty much every degree without specific a-level requirements so pretty good choices :biggrin:!
Also in terms of difficulty, if you understood chemistry gcse then you can also come to understand a-level chemistry although it is quite hard to fully understand sometimes. I don't do biology but to my knowledge there is lots and lots of memorization and a huge variety of topics. Chemistry is nicely split into physical, inorganic and organic chemistry which do have links between each other and it feels like one subject that builds on itself gradually. Biology on the other hand has lots of disconnected areas like say habitat and DNA but I'm sure you'll be fine if you do some good revision. I have no knowledge of psychology I'm afraid.

Quick Reply

Latest