The Student Room Group
Reply 1
What year are you in btw? Because I was thinking about doing the same.
benjy555
If we are re-taking GCSE mathematics, then do we need to redo the coursework that accompanies it? i got a B at GCSE, but i wish to get an A/ A*, which is what i was predicted.

thanks

no you can use it up to 3 years, then your school/college disposes of it apparently
Reply 3
im in year 12, taking A level maths as well, but i want a better grade for gcse.
just needed to know whether to redo coursework
Reply 4
You shouldn't have to, no. Speak to your exams officer though or try the website of your exam board (or e-mail them).
Reply 5
No, you can keep your original coursework as long as you/your school still has a copy of it and the syllabus hasn't changed. If you did your GCSE Maths 1/2 years ago, then it should still be the same syllabus. When you apply for university however, they will be able to see what year you did your exam and so they will know you did a re-take. This may make them think that if you can't get a A/A* grade at GCSE, then you will have no chance getting an A grade at A-level. Perhaps you should concentrate about getting good A-Levels instead because that's what universities are interested in :smile:
Reply 6
Lol how old is this post :biggrin:
I'm retaking my maths in sixth form...hehe
Reply 7
Why not just consentrate on your A-levels?
Reply 8
I am but I need to improve my grade which hopefully will be a b to an A because I'm planning to do Comp Sci
Reply 9
Nayberay
I am but I need to improve my grade which hopefully will be a b to an A because I'm planning to do Comp Sci

Ahhhh computer science. You planning on being a programmer?

My bro is in his 2nd year at Manchester Uni doin comp science and he says its VERY hard, but im sure you already know that.
Reply 10
Smeghead UK
Ahhhh computer science. You planning on being a programmer?

My bro is in his 2nd year at Manchester Uni doin comp science and he says its VERY hard, but im sure you already know that.

Lol but your bro goes to Manchester they require a level maths at A or B whereas if I do comp sci i'll prob go to coventry uni to do it or even durham where they require maths at A or B at GCSE level but I'm gonna do my as maths in year 13..
See how it goes
Nayberay
Lol but your bro goes to Manchester they require a level maths at A or B whereas if I do comp sci i'll prob go to coventry uni to do it or even durham where they require maths at A or B at GCSE level but I'm gonna do my as maths in year 13..
See how it goes

Oh ok, good look on that:yy:
Reply 12
Wel there's no coursework left in maths

SO perhaps that's a good thing :smile:

Latest