The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey, guys that have done their interviews or have experience, anyone got any tips how to control interview nerves? :frown:
Interview on Monday, excited and nervous at the same time 😂
Original post by anthonymartial
for peeps who have done their interview, how long should our replies be? 1 minute average?

It really depends on the question, always answer in depth where appropriate but don't waffle; stay concise
Original post by dr (or not)mach
It really depends on the question, always answer in depth where appropriate but don't waffle; stay concise

ive got a week left do you have any key advice for me??
Original post by ridaboo99
It was okay! I thought they asked some pretty standard questions and the ethical scenarios were okay too!

oh okay, thats good to hear. Were there a lot of personal statement based questions? Cus im slyly stressing on that... ://

Was this your first interview?
Original post by hopefulmedic234
oh okay, thats good to hear. Were there a lot of personal statement based questions? Cus im slyly stressing on that... ://

Was this your first interview?

Hi! Yeah it was my first interview so pretty scary! They haven't read your personal statement so dont worry. You can mention things you put on there to impress them cause they won't know a thing about it! Hope this helps. Where did you apply?
Original post by dr (or not)mach
Ah great! Did they deal with the ethical scenario stuff you read beforehand first?

Yep. So you have to choose from 3 ethical scenarios and you have half an hour beforehand to make notes on it. You then tell them which one you chose and they ask some general questions then questions on the scenario. Hope that helped. Good luck! Where have you applied?
Original post by Roshan123
Interview on Monday, excited and nervous at the same time 😂

Good luck!I'm sure you'll smash it :smile:
Hey, guys that have done their interviews or have experience, anyone got any tips how to control interview nerves? :frown:

Honestly I was SO nervous before mine. But they'll give you an hour beforehand to just chill so utilise that time to talk to people around you! Everyone there s probably just as nervous and you're all in the same boat. Talking to people really helped me calm down. Just relax and be yourself - if medicine is truly what you want to do then you'll be fine in the interview. Just let your passion come through! Good luck :smile:
To everyone I met yesterday at the Plymouth Interviews,

I’m sure you’ll all do great!

Just got an email from Plymouth saying we should hear from them in the next few days, so best of luck to all!

And to those who have their interviews coming up, the best of luck to you too
Hi! Yeah it was my first interview so pretty scary! They haven't read your personal statement so dont worry. You can mention things you put on there to impress them cause they won't know a thing about it! Hope this helps. Where did you apply?

Omg thankss, I'm sure you did well even though it was your first x
I applied to UEA, HYMS and Bristol as well, hbu?
Original post by hopefulmedic234
Omg thankss, I'm sure you did well even though it was your first x
I applied to UEA, HYMS and Bristol as well, hbu?

Thank you :smile: x
I applied to Bristol Exeter and Barts (QMUL) - have you heard back from any yet?
Honestly I was SO nervous before mine. But they'll give you an hour beforehand to just chill so utilise that time to talk to people around you! Everyone there s probably just as nervous and you're all in the same boat. Talking to people really helped me calm down. Just relax and be yourself - if medicine is truly what you want to do then you'll be fine in the interview. Just let your passion come through! Good luck :smile:

thanks so much!
Thank you :smile: x
I applied to Bristol Exeter and Barts (QMUL) - have you heard back from any yet?

I also have an interview at hyms, but still waiting to hear back from the other two (funny how the two ps unis still havent got back to me :laugh::laugh:), you?
Original post by AMaster1

Just got an email from Plymouth saying we should hear from them in the next few days, so best of luck to all!

cheers pal, do you have any tips? mine's next week!
PS. what was everyone wearing? (boys)
Interview on Monday so nervous 😂 i got not interviews last year now invited to 3 out of my 4 unis. Hope it really goes well. And im wearing a suit with a tie. I think its better to be overdressed than under
Original post by AMaster1

Not sure if I met you yesterday but good luck! I got the same email.. fingers crossed for the both of us!
To people who have done the interview. I was wondering if their were any written questions before the interview? I think its just ethical and the standard questions
cheers pal, do you have any tips? mine's next week!
PS. what was everyone wearing? (boys)

Every guy was dressed smart. They all had formal trousers on and a shirt with a formal jacket (no penguin suits, dinner jackets or anything like that). Most had ties, but I think that’s a personal choice. If you’re going tieless, only first 1/2 buttons undone.

No one did three piece or bow tie or anything... People advise that you look a step up from what you would wear if you got into the profession.
Has anyone heard anything from Plymouth other than the email saying “a few days”?

Latest

Trending

Trending