The Student Room Group

The Persian Society (UKL Iranian Society)

Scroll to see replies

XD
Old French grannies tend to be exactly like that.
My grandma spies her neighbourghs during lunch and then runs to her friend to tell her everything. That scared me a lot XD
Reply 161
Anatheme
XD
Old French grannies tend to be exactly like that.
My grandma spies her neighbourghs during lunch and then runs to her friend to tell her everything. That scared me a lot XD

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
mkchelsea
Man, I've only just found this forum! I can't belive I didn't know about it? anyway, Che Khabar? Has there been any political fights yet?

Pages 1-3 of this thread :wink:
Reply 163
mkchelsea
Yep, thats true, but Iranian women do it like its a sport. If something juicy happens, every Iranian women in that city will know in the 24 hours following that event taking place. Its quite amazing. But generally Iranian women are great, Its the men that have real flaws :s-smilie:.

haha first time that's ever been admitted:p:
Reply 164
mkchelsea
Yep, thats true, but Iranian women do it like its a sport. If something juicy happens, every Iranian women in that city will know in the 24 hours following that event taking place. Its quite amazing. But generally Iranian women are great, Its the men that have real flaws :s-smilie:.

LOOOOOOOOL, I agree, but I can't believe you only found the thread just recently, not your fault tho as no one seems to be able to find it! Oh and hey sak-y, I'll add you to the list...I think that I am going to apply again so that this society happens, because they haven't replied to me! Any ideas on what to say?
petzneo
LOOOOOOOOL, I agree, but I can't believe you only found the thread just recently, not your fault tho as no one seems to be able to find it! Oh and hey sak-y, I'll add you to the list...I think that I am going to apply again so that this society happens, because they haven't replied to me! Any ideas on what to say?

Well you can say that there is a large number of Iranians that frequently use the website and Iran is involved heavily in politics, art and literature, so should have its own society for everyone to enjoy and learn from :biggrin:.
Reply 166
thanks! Anyone else??
Reply 167
sorry i don't hav any ideas for you petzneo.

butttt my mum's just come back from Iran and she's brought me some 'Lavashak' because i love it - do you guys know what it is?

..and then i began thinking and i realised that they don't really hav an equivalent for it here :s-smilie: I can't really think of an English name for it either! How weirddd.
sak-y

butttt my mum's just come back from Iran and she's brought me some 'Lavashak' because i love it - do you guys know what it is?

..and then i began thinking and i realised that they don't really hav an equivalent for it here :s-smilie: I can't really think of an English name for it either! How weirddd.

haha, yeah, lavashak! I used to love it as a kid but not so much anymore, its too sweet! I guess its an Iranian thing, i couldn't imagine an english bloke chewing on lavashak....
Reply 169
mkchelsea
haha, yeah, lavashak! I used to love it as a kid but not so much anymore, its too sweet! I guess its an Iranian thing, i couldn't imagine an english bloke chewing on lavashak....

WHAT!

it's not sweet, it's sour!:p:
Reply 170
sak-y

omg SAK_Y give me sooooooooooooooooooome... NOW!!!!!!! :biggrin:

i want lavashake albalooooooooooooooooooo mmmmmmmmmmm

mkchelsea i gave some to one of my english mates and he loves it - i bring him some every year now

sep as far as my knowledge goes - what you said at the end of page 8 is right and mrc ke gofti :smile:

i thought we should tell some iranian jokes - for no genuine reason :

ye joke : ye sibzaminiye shoharesh mimire - 40 rooz band nemindaze kiwi mishe :biggrin:
Reply 171
surely a reason for having a Persian society would be that, if there's a french/german/etc. society, why can't there be a Persian one! :biggrin:
sak-y
WHAT!

it's not sweet, it's sour!:p:

Yeah thats what i meant, I'm sorry. It was early morning, I was half asleep lol :s-smilie:. Its too sticky as well very hard to keep your hands clean!
Reply 173
mkchelsea
Yeah thats what i meant, I'm sorry. It was early morning, I was half asleep lol :s-smilie:. Its too sticky as well very hard to keep your hands clean!

Yehh i knoww- with the two bits of thin plastic on either side, where you can't tell if you've actually taken the plastic off yet so end up getting a mouthful of plastic:redface:
Anyway, man, I was meaning to ask about music. What sort of Iranian music do you lot like? I has speaking with my friend the other day who says that he likes a lot of the music coming out of Iran, rather than the music from America. I'm not sure though....
Reply 175
mkchelsea
Anyway, man, I was meaning to ask about music. What sort of Iranian music do you lot like? I has speaking with my friend the other day who says that he likes a lot of the music coming out of Iran, rather than the music from America. I'm not sure though....

hmmm it's quite hard to get a hold of music coming out of Iran isn't it? Unless i don't know about it, i think most of the stuff i listen to is from America. All the major cheese like Afshin etc

But i do :suith:Mansour - I don't really know whether i should be admitting to it or not:p: lol

Although for those of you who have Itunes - subscribe to the Rooze Haftom podcast, every week or so you get a new one and it's usually interview with new iranian bands/artists, although they have had Andy on there once! Usually just promoting their new album or whatever but i really like it, just because there's nothing else like it out there! They've had quite a few iranian rappers on there - it's quite amusing! haha:p:
Reply 176
Well I like Kamran and Hooman, Ali Sagari, Andy, Navid and Omid, Sandy, Omid, Andy, Sepideh.... Shahram Solati ( tho his sister is soo annoying!!), Zed Bazi and X-Elementz aren't bad either! Has Afshin released a new album yet?

Mansour's good....why do you need to be ashamed?

Yeah, its quite interesting, there is now quite a lot of good Iranian music being produced in Iran, like Mehdi Moghadam and Benyamin. I'll definitely look into that podcast, sounds good.

Who has PMC at home?
Navid and Omid? Sandy? Shahram Solati?! yuck :s-smilie:. I like Kamran and Hooman, Andy etc, I like some music coming from Iran (Mehdi Moghadam, Benyamin, etc). I also like Mohsen Chavoshi, everyone I know seems to hate him, i dont know why though. Btw, sak-y, Mansour is good, there is no shame in liking him. Iranian rap is okay, Hichkas, Erfan, Zed Bazi etc.

P.S. I HATE Faramarz Assef! I really really hate him. He is sooo annoying!
Reply 178
I agree, I hate Faramarz assef...he's a weirdo!

Hey, Sandy got a couple of good song, ok just one to be honest! Navid and Omid have got some good music tho...

Have you seen what kamran and Hooman are wearing in their new vid, I love the clothes!!!!!
petzneo

Have you seen what kamran and Hooman are wearing in their new vid, I love the clothes!!!!!

Oh yeah, I totaly agree! I like what hey wearing in that video, especially that jacket! But normally they tend to dress a bit like Micheal Jackson... I think Mohammad has nice dress sense as well!

Quick Reply

Latest