The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Applicants for 2018 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EllieGraver3
Hi! I’m just wondering if there is many English applicants in this thread. I am from Newcastle and I am wanting to study English literature at Glasgow because I love the city and how it looks.

Hi I’m an offer holder for English Language and English Literature! I’m from basically nowhere between Birmingham, Coventry and Leicester lol.
What’s happened with your application so far?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by LewisTindall
Hi I’m an offer holder for English Language and English Literature! I’m from basically nowhere between Birmingham, Coventry and Leicester lol.
What’s happened with your application so far?

Hi! I sent my UCAS off quite a while ago now, probably novemberish and received an offer quite fast. My requirements are ABB. what are yours? Is Glasgow your first choice then? X
Hi! I sent my UCAS off quite a while ago now, probably novemberish and received an offer quite fast. My requirements are ABB. what are yours? Is Glasgow your first choice then? X

I sent mine off at the start of October and got an offer on the 24th of October. My offer is for AAB though :frown: and yeah it’s looking like it’s gonna be my first choice
Original post by LewisTindall
I sent mine off at the start of October and got an offer on the 24th of October. My offer is for AAB though :frown: and yeah it’s looking like it’s gonna be my first choice

Ahahaha mines AAB too I didn’t realise I had wrote ABB whoops. I am feeling the pressure now. Yeah I am thinking 1st choice but it’s such a hard decision. I want to try and go to an open day and look around I think first x
Hi guys

Course : Computer Science
Name: Ivan
Name: Melissa
Course applying for: Psychology
Predicted grades: Highest grade you can receive in Finland in every matriculation examination
Current offer status: Sent my application yesterday!!!
What made you apply?: The courses are more holistic than the ones in my home country but the main reason is that I have absolutely fallen in love with the university and the city, I really hope I'll get an offer soon!!
Hi Melissa ! I applied for psychology at Glasgow also as my 1st choice ! Hopefully see you there ! :smile:
Original post by Maginus
Name: Theis
Course applying for: Sociology
Predicted/achieved grades: Average of 11,5, don´t know exactly how they translate
Current offer status: Applied, no response yet.
What made you apply?: High academic level in my chosen field mostly.

Godt at se at jeg er ikke den eneste dansker her :smile:
Original post by homicidalwaffle
Godt at se at jeg er ikke den eneste dansker her :smile:

Ja, det er da dejligt :smile: Hvad vil du gerne studere, og hvorfor vil du til UK/Skotland?
hi guys we made an applicant group on fb, anyone can join to talk about your application
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1040813642725404?view=group&refresh_sidenav=1
Hey guys about a week back I got offer for Business&Management/Music :smile:
I just got two conditional offers for Physiology and Sports Science and Physiology, Sports Science and Nutrition. Because of the area I live in they are only asking for AABB or ABBBB but I also have to attend their summer school. Is anyone else going to that? Maybe send me a message and we could talk and get to know each other? Xx
Hello!
COURSE: Beng-Aerospace Eng

Was wondering are there many international peeps down at Glasgow?
I'm debating between TU Delft in Netherlands or Uni of Glasgow. City wise, I'd much rather settle down in Glasgow; however, Delft has a whole building for the Aerospace Eng Department including an amazing facility. The city itself looks dull and quite. Overall, I'd much rather settle in for an English speaking country but it wouldn't be much of a hassle in a foreign country.

I'm a female from Cyprus; coming from Dubai.
Any tips/suggestions/experiences?
Thanks you!
Original post by nicolelmao
Hello!

I'm debating between TU Delft in Netherlands or Uni of Glasgow. City wise, I'd much rather settle down in Glasgow; however, Delft has a whole building for the Aerospace Eng Department including an amazing facility. The city itself looks dull and quite. Overall, I'd much rather settle in for an English speaking country but it wouldn't be much of a hassle in a foreign country.

Thanks you!

If you're looking for a vibrant city, don't look any further than Glasgow
Original post by nicolelmao
Hello!

Thanks you!

I'm a female from Greece, have been living in Scotland for the past few months. I've been to the university a couple of times and loved it as well as the city! They do have a Greek and Cypriot Society plus a whole lot of other international societies so there must be plenty of international students. I must say though that I don't know thw first thing about their aerospace eng programme nor about TU Delft so I can't really help with your decision...
Original post by catmckie
Received an unconditional for French today! (Scottish with AAAA)

Congrats!
I just recieved an unconditional offer from University of Glasgow today (Sociology). While my top choice is "Sociology and Social Anthropology" at University of Edinburgh, I would be very happy to study at Glasgow as well. Now I have confirmation of a place at a very good university so that pleases me.
Course applying for: Neuroscience with Psychology
Predicted/achieved grades: BBB
Current offer status: Conditional offer of AAA
What made you apply?: Cheaper tuition fees (compared to unis located in england), highly ranked especially since other unis also recommended Glasgow for Psychology

how is everyone getting offer of AAB? now Im pretty sure that I got an offer only cause Im an international student or my referee must have written a good statement
Hi! I’m just wondering if there is many English applicants in this thread. I am from Newcastle and I am wanting to study English literature at Glasgow because I love the city and how it looks.

English and Archaeology here! I'm stuck between here and UCL for pure English at the moment, of course the two unis that haven't responded yet. Have you had an offer yet?
Hey! Quick question! Am I supposed to wait until the application for SAAS funding opens before I accept Glasgow as my firm offer? Or can I accept straight away, while still being able to have my fees paid off once applications open?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending