The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Applicants for 2018 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chlo3robertson
Hey! Congrats on your offer!!!
I'm applying for politics and I haven't sent my application out yet but I was wondering, if you don't mind, what were your results last year?

Glasgow’s politics department has been sending out offers incredibly fast so you won’t have to wait for long. I’m sure you’ll get an offer as Glasgow are a very accepting uni (80% offer rate). Best of luck, hope to be in your class next year :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by SocialStudiesETC
Glasgow’s politics department has been sending out offers incredibly fast so you won’t have to wait for long. I’m sure you’ll get an offer as Glasgow are a very accepting uni (80% offer rate). Best of luck, hope to be in your class next year :smile:

Well done on your results! And good luck meeting conditions! is Glasgow your first choice then? I got ABBBB last year and I am just trying to suss out if I have a chance aha. Thanks so much thougH :smile: and I actually didn't know their offer rate wow. I hope to be in your class next year too!!
Well done on your results! And good luck meeting conditions! is Glasgow your first choice then? I got ABBBB last year and I am just trying to suss out if I have a chance aha. Thanks so much thougH :smile: and I actually didn't know their offer rate wow. I hope to be in your class next year too!!

Thank you, you’ve got a good solid set of results there too! You absolutely have a chance. Yeah it is my first choice, looks like a very good uni but I’m open to other offers but they’ll come later on which sucks because I’ve experienced the hype so soon and have so long to wait :frown: where else have you applied to?
Original post by SocialStudiesETC
Thank you, you’ve got a good solid set of results there too! You absolutely have a chance. Yeah it is my first choice, looks like a very good uni but I’m open to other offers but they’ll come later on which sucks because I’ve experienced the hype so soon and have so long to wait :frown: where else have you applied to?

Aw! hopefully time will fly in and you'll have another 4 great offers! I'm putting two of my options to Glasgow, one for Stirling, one for Dundee and I'm really stuck between choosing Edinburgh or Strathclyde! Strathclyde is much closer and have more chance of getting in (it's unbelievable how many people I've seen apply for politics at Edinburgh) but Edinburgh is definitely the university closer to my heart and studying in the city where the Scottish parliament is would be amazing but I doubt I'd get in - such a dilemma! But where else are you applying??
Aw! hopefully time will fly in and you'll have another 4 great offers! I'm putting two of my options to Glasgow, one for Stirling, one for Dundee and I'm really stuck between choosing Edinburgh or Strathclyde! Strathclyde is much closer and have more chance of getting in (it's unbelievable how many people I've seen apply for politics at Edinburgh) but Edinburgh is definitely the university closer to my heart and studying in the city where the Scottish parliament is would be amazing but I doubt I'd get in - such a dilemma! But where else are you applying??

Wow near enough the same! Dundee, Edinburgh, St.Andrews and Stirling. I live v close to St.Andrews so hopefully that is taken into consideration. I also have my applications flagged apparently because of my location which is considered when giving a response apparently, but I dunno how that works. That’s why I got the summer school. All of those 4 universities are for International Relations, however. Politics at Glasgow is has a lot of international politics within it which interested me.

Apply for whatever course appeals to you the most, don’t think too much about your chances of getting in. I’d rather a rejection from a uni I liked than an offer from one that didn’t appeal at all, because an offer is very tempting to firm/insure; regardless of where it’s from. Edinburgh does look very good though.
Original post by Johanna__
Thanks! A conditional one. I also applied at: Birmingham, Nottingham, Manchester and Edinburgh. You?

Great! Conditions you're likely to meet I hope? And that's a nice mix. Strathclyde (for 2 different courses), UWS and GCU.
Original post by cooper__
Great! Conditions you're likely to meet I hope? And that's a nice mix. Strathclyde (for 2 different courses), UWS and GCU.

I'm certainly going to try, but it is going to be very difficult.. Yeah, you have some nice ones too!
Just got an unconditional offer for English Lit! I'm so relieved, I didn't realise they sent out their offers so quickly though.
does anyone know how much Glasgow take predicted grades into perspective? just i really messed up my as levels, and I'm repeating nearly all of them but my predicted grades are good - A in RE, A in Government and B in History + predicted Distinction* in BTEC Sports..

Applied to Politics and Sociology, and now I'm crapping myself with nerves because its my dream university:frown:
Original post by nmeechan
does anyone know how much Glasgow take predicted grades into perspective? just i really messed up my as levels, and I'm repeating nearly all of them but my predicted grades are good - A in RE, A in Government and B in History + predicted Distinction* in BTEC Sports..

Applied to Politics and Sociology, and now I'm crapping myself with nerves because its my dream university:frown:

I messed up AS and have AAB predictions and got my offer in October! you should be fine! if you're predicted to meet the entry requirements, they're definitely gonna consider your application! :smile:
Course: Religion, theology, philosophy and education (one degree)
Achieved grades-Nat 5-AAAAAA, Highers-AAAAA, predicted Advanced Highers-AAAA
Current offer Status: Acknowledged (Applied 17/11/2017)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by LewisTindall
I messed up AS and have AAB predictions and got my offer in October! you should be fine! if you're predicted to meet the entry requirements, they're definitely gonna consider your application! :smile:

glad someone else is in the same boat then, thank you!:smile:
Reply 152
Course applying for: MEng Mechanical Engineering
Predicted/achieved grades: Higher: AAAAA (achieved) Adv. Higher: AAA (predicted)
Current offer status: Unconditional offer issued yesterday! (applied: 7/12/17)
What made you apply?: Glasgow Uni seems like a really lovely place to study, and their engineering department really impressed me at the open days. I'll probably end up going to Strathclyde right enough - it's tough to decide between them, but Strathclyde's engineering dept is better regarded.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi I’m Lottie,
Near Glasgow, Scotland.
I am planning on leaving after S5.
Glad to have received two conditional offers for Anatomy and Human Biology!
Predicted: AAAAA (Highers)
Anatomy is my 1st choice and I am so very excited of the thought of studying at Glasgow next year!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 154
Original post by Leastwood1501
Hi I’m Lottie,
Near Glasgow, Scotland.
I am planning on leaving after S5.
Glad to have received two conditional offers for Anatomy and Human Biology!
Predicted: AAAAA (Highers)
Anatomy is my 1st choice and I am so very excited of the thought of studying at Glasgow next year!

Exciting! I'm sure you'll ace your Highers. Are you studying Human Bio this year (I'm crashing it)?
Cheers! No I’m taking biology, it’s a bit different to human bio.
Reply 156
Original post by Leastwood1501
Cheers! No I’m taking biology, it’s a bit different to human bio.

Ah I see. Sort of wish I'd left after S5. S6 is becoming a bit of a drag...
Reply 157
Hello, I applied to study business economics next year at Glasgow University and applied on the 4th of December and still haven't heard back from them, should I be worried?
I heard from a Uni of Glasgow email that they do not make offers based on predicted grades. How are the offers made then? Based on what?
Original post by hunainshamsi
heard from a Uni of Glasgow email

What does this mean? Did you receive the email?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending