The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

James Watt or William Murdoch?

I've not been to Aston before and I'm joining Aston pretty late through clearing and been offered a room for one of these. Is there much of a difference between either of them? I'm gonna be studying in the Business School, how far of a walk is it?
Original post by krs131
I've not been to Aston before and I'm joining Aston pretty late through clearing and been offered a room for one of these. Is there much of a difference between either of them? I'm gonna be studying in the Business School, how far of a walk is it?

Hi,

The William Murdoch and James Watt buildings are fairly identical, they were built at the same time by the same company side by side. You'll experience a great difference between 5 and 7 bed than you will either building.

It's only a two minute walk across campus to either The Business School or the main University building.

Hope that helps

Josh
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Aston University
Hi,

The William Murdoch and James Watt buildings are fairly identical, they were built at the same time by the same company side by side. You'll experience a great difference between 5 and 7 bed than you will either building.

It's only a two minute walk across campus to either The Business School or the main University building.

Hope that helps

Josh

would you reccomend a 5 bed or 7 bed?
Original post by krs121
would you reccomend a 5 bed or 7 bed?

They're both great options, it depends what you value more though:

7 Bed are usually slightly cheaper, each month. You also most likely meet more people by proxy. Two extra flatmates, two extra circles of friends.

5 Bed boasts a slightly bigger bed. 1.5 size, if you like to starfish whilst sleeping or are a stupid height like myself, you might appreciate that. Also the kitchen will be less crowded, you won't have to fight for shelf space as much. However 5 bed is slightly more expensive.

They're minor differences, all the rooms boast on suite bathrooms, are located the same distance form the uni and are owned by the same company unite students.

Hope that helps

Josh

Quick Reply

Latest