The Student Room Group

Barclays online interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey, could anyone advice on how to best prepare for the AC please? I got mine due next week and I've never made it so far in an application process before..
Reply 21
hey congratulations on securing the role in Barclays. I'm in the process of the assessment now for the role of an emerging technologist. Could you please tell how what questions do I expect from the video interview ?
Hey,I am glad to have come across your comment here. I will sit for the Online Interview this Friday. Hence, would love to have some inputs from your experience. The first online test was nothing as I expected it to be, and I understand that the online interview could be unpredictable as well, so just trying to be as much prepared. I was wondering what kind of questions are we expected to answer, what is the pattern of the test etc and if there are some specific tips that you would like to share. Looking forward to hearing from you. --Regards
Reply 23
Hey there, I found really good Barclays preparation materials at graduatejobguide co uk. Interview was the same as they instructed. I was struggling for some time now to find any specific preparation for Barclays. Do you know is there anything else available, just want to cover everything while preparing for the final rounds?
Original post by SatabdiDas
Hey,I am glad to have come across your comment here. I will sit for the Online Interview this Friday. Hence, would love to have some inputs from your experience. The first online test was nothing as I expected it to be, and I understand that the online interview could be unpredictable as well, so just trying to be as much prepared. I was wondering what kind of questions are we expected to answer, what is the pattern of the test etc and if there are some specific tips that you would like to share. Looking forward to hearing from you. --Regards

I did the online interview last week, I found it pretty difficult at the time but two days later I got an email from Barclays saying that I had made it through to the next stage. It starts of with a couple of multiple choice questions about graphs, you have to select options based on the resources provided. Next you are given some more resources and you have a few minutes to prepare a 3 or 4 minute presentation on your findings. After this you receive a critical email from your boss, you must respond accordingly. Finally some general questions,why do you want to work here, what challenges has the industry suffered recently and so on.

All in all it took me just under 60 minutes, including doing the practice questions, which I would highly recommend.

Good luck!
Original post by cicici
Hey there, I found really good Barclays preparation materials at graduatejobguide co uk. Interview was the same as they instructed. I was struggling for some time now to find any specific preparation for Barclays. Do you know is there anything else available, just want to cover everything while preparing for the final rounds?

I did the online interview last week, I found it pretty difficult at the time but two days later I got an email from Barclays saying that I had made it through to the next stage. It starts of with a couple of multiple choice questions about graphs, you have to select options based on the resources provided. Next you are given some more resources and you have a few minutes to prepare a 3 or 4 minute presentation on your findings. After this you receive a critical email from your boss, you must respond accordingly. Finally some general questions,why do you want to work here, what challenges has the industry suffered recently and so on.

All in all it took me just under 60 minutes, including doing the practice questions, which I would highly recommend.

Good luck!
Original post by christianpeters

Good luck!

Hi, thanks for your insights!

I was wondering if you could elaborate more on the general questions? What else should I expect, and how many questions?
Original post by IBgraduate94
Hi, thanks for your insights!

I was wondering if you could elaborate more on the general questions? What else should I expect, and how many questions?

As far as I remember this is them all:

- why you want to work for Barclays
- why you want to work in a finance based role
- why you think your suited to the business needs
- problems that the financial industry has had in recent times/should expect in the coming years
As far as I remember this is them all:

- why you want to work for Barclays
- why you want to work in a finance based role
- why you think your suited to the business needs
- problems that the financial industry has had in recent times/should expect in the coming years

Cheers mate! Really appreciated!

Are you moving on to the telephone interview now, or straight to the AC/Business meeting?
Original post by IBgraduate94
Cheers mate! Really appreciated!

Are you moving on to the telephone interview now, or straight to the AC/Business meeting?

Business meeting next, no clue when it is though, email just says the resourcing team will be in touch again shortly.
Business meeting next, no clue when it is though, email just says the resourcing team will be in touch again shortly.

Best of luck man, appreciate the friendliness! :smile:
Reply 31
Hi guys

Applied for the Finance role at Barclays a while back. Completed the Online test Monday (3Days ago) and was invited to the Online Interview.

Just got an email saying they wont be taking my application further due to a high volume of applicants.

Firstly has anyone else got this email?

Secondly it said they would like me to potentially reconsider and apply for another role. Should i ring up and transfer to another role.

THanks
Reply 32
Thanks guys a lot, I have passed a video interview. Can now confirm that I got the identical interview as it was in a prep material from graduatejobguide co uk. I am now preparing for the last round. If there is someone else please message me.
Are you guys applying for grad programs or internships?
Hey guys,
Has Barclays recently changed their application process? Normally we would expect the numerical+verbal tests to come first, followed by the online interview. I just submitted my application form for Customer Banking Solutions today and I received an email asking me to complete an Online Interview. I was expecting online tests to come first. Is this something new that they have started?
Hi everyone! The information here was really helpful to me too, so thank you!I am applying for the Operations Intern Programme and I've made it past the online interview to the face-to-face one. Does anyone have any tips on what questions I should expect for that one? Would be greatly appreciated! :smile:
Hello, I am preparing for my interview with Barclays and i would like to know what are the kinds of questions they will generally ask during the Interview and what do i need to prepare myself for the Group and Individual Exercise
Hey, I applied for a Business Banking position and my online interview is due. Can you give me some recommendations? Thanks.
Original post by avddz
Good luck! I was fortunate enough to secure a place at Barclays, so if you eventually have questions about later stages of the process, let me know :smile:

I know its a bit late now, but do you remember the questions that were asked in the online interview? (I applied for a marketing position)

-Also, its been two years. If you are still working at Barclays, how are you finding the work?
Hello,I wanted some information related to the tests.Can you help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending