The Student Room Group

Barclays apprenticeship start dates

Hi I applied for a tech analyst apprenticeship at the technology centre in knutsford back in October 2022, I received a job offer in December and I'm am still waiting to start, I've been told multiple different start dates, I was first told that I would get a contract in January and start in February, never happened. I was then told I would get my contract in march and will start in April, and again it got pushed back. I'm currently hanging on to my current "Start date" which will be in June 5th but again it might be a massive let down. Is this normal? No one will answer me and they just keep saying "not to worry and I still have the job" I just wanted to know if anyone doing a Barclays apprenticeship had similar issues.
Reply 1
Original post by Spicy Zombie
Hi I applied for a tech analyst apprenticeship at the technology centre in knutsford back in October 2022, I received a job offer in December and I'm am still waiting to start, I've been told multiple different start dates, I was first told that I would get a contract in January and start in February, never happened. I was then told I would get my contract in march and will start in April, and again it got pushed back. I'm currently hanging on to my current "Start date" which will be in June 5th but again it might be a massive let down. Is this normal? No one will answer me and they just keep saying "not to worry and I still have the job" I just wanted to know if anyone doing a Barclays apprenticeship had similar issues.

Hi, their replys are really bad. I have been given an offer for august however they havent sent over any contract. I don't understand whats going on
Reply 2
I applied for Knutsford foundation degree and I only received an email saying that it is being reviewed. I'm kinda nervous but I guess the only thing I can do is be patient.
Reply 3
I've got my AC on the 25th for their Technology Developer Degree Apprenticeship Programme 2024 (Bournemouth). 70 minute interview apparently, no group task.
Reply 4
Original post by JackSan123
I've got my AC on the 25th for their Technology Developer Degree Apprenticeship Programme 2024 (Bournemouth). 70 minute interview apparently, no group task.

I have the same tomorrow morning but it's for the foundation apprenticeship not degree, I am really nervous
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 5
Can anyone give me tips on how to do well for a 70 minute competency based interview, I have mine tomorrow for Barclays Foundation Technology Developer Apprenticeship (in Knutsford), Honestly I am really nervous,
Reply 6

Good luck. How long after the application / on line stuff before you heard anything back?
Reply 7
I did the online stuff in November and just heard back recently.
Reply 8
Original post by pdog1894
Can anyone give me tips on how to do well for a 70 minute competency based interview, I have mine tomorrow for Barclays Foundation Technology Developer Apprenticeship (in Knutsford), Honestly I am really nervous,

I don't have any tips but good luck!
Reply 9
I did the online stuff in November and just heard back recently.

Thankyou. So still hope then - online stuff was 20th ish of December.
Reply 10
I initially got rejected a few days after my interview but I got a call from the recruiter as well as an email saying that I have got on offer. apparently there is a reserve list which I was in. really happy to get an offer. has anyone done the next step for this like the ID stuff
I initially got rejected a few days after my interview but I got a call from the recruiter as well as an email saying that I have got on offer. apparently there is a reserve list which I was in. really happy to get an offer. has anyone done the next step for this like the ID stuff
Hey, how is your progress on this going?
Reply 12
Original post by pares_malindi
Hey, how is your progress on this going?
I have done the rights to work and proof of residency stuff. We got an offer in a written contract which i accepted last week. I am just waiting for the HireRight stuff to come in via email. Once that’s done they will send us our proper contracts before we start in September
(edited 2 months ago)
I have done the rights to work and proof of residency stuff. We got an offer in a written contract which i accepted last week. I am just waiting for the HireRight stuff to come in via email. Once that’s done they will send us our proper contracts before we start in September
Congratulations! Oh did they say there would be another contract sent? So a total of 2, one now and one before the start?
Reply 14
Original post by pares_malindi
Congratulations! Oh did they say there would be another contract sent? So a total of 2, one now and one before the start?
yes, first "contract" is pretty much essentially just you accepting the job offer. its basically a letter you have to sign with your signature on the Barclays job portal.

once you have accepted the job offer you have to do screening. this includes references, rights to work, credit check etc. When this has been completed they will send you the proper contract before you start.
yes, first "contract" is pretty much essentially just you accepting the job offer. its basically a letter you have to sign with your signature on the Barclays job portal.

once you have accepted the job offer you have to do screening. this includes references, rights to work, credit check etc. When this has been completed they will send you the proper contract before you start.
Oh ok, I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing
Well done @pdog1894 all I got was an email 2 weeks after my interview saying 'Hi everyone, just to let you know recruitment process had been put on hold', whatever that means. What a waste of time.
Oh also there's another Barclays apprenticeship thread @pdog1894 where lots of people from different areas have offers and have set up a discord group I think, you might want to do a search and have a look if you're not already on there.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending