The Student Room Group

Should I drop out of A-levels? (A2)

I hated all last year and wanted to drop out continually, but I powered through it and got a pretty mediocre CDD. I wanted to finish then but my family convinced me to carry on, saying it would be all for nothing otherwise. But now that I'm here and doing it I hate it even more. Not only are my attendance and punctuality appalling, I’m behind in every subject and my grades and efforts are shite, and my anxiety has worsened intensely. I feel incredibly uncomfortable in every lesson, I’m continually anxious and sometimes have panic attacks, so by the time I finish I’m sick and exhausted from anxiety and stress. I have ulcers, and nightmares about college (sounds pathetic, but it’s true). I’m just having a really sh*t time. I’m 19 (retook a year) so I no longer legally have to be in education, and I’m just planning on getting a generic job for the time being. I may pursue more education in the future though, even if I have to pay.

So basically, I just want opinions. My friends (who realise what an awful time I’m having) are encouraging me to drop out if I want to, but my family are telling me it’s a stupid decision and I’d be wasting my life. So, thoughts?
Original post by godawful

So basically, I just want opinions. My friends (who realise what an awful time I’m having) are encouraging me to drop out if I want to, but my family are telling me it’s a stupid decision and I’d be wasting my life. So, thoughts?

I'd look at an apprenticeship or a job with training - A levels don't suit everyone :smile:

You can get a great job with them - good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest