The Student Room Group

Year 11 mock advice

Helpppp
For my end of Year 10 exams I revised the day before all my exams and got easy 8s and 9s. I’m finding it veryyy hard to be motivated considering how little effort I had to put in in July. Obviously I want to improve my scores, but revision is boring and (in my case) seemingly unnecessary.
What do?
Revise using a method best suited to you. Making notes and sitting down isn't an option for everyone and I understand. You can though create flashcards, posters etc and stick them on your wall and then read them at night or smth. So me, I learnt all the equations in physics and maths by sticking them up on the roof and the walls so at night, I could just read any and over time they stuck in my head. To memorise and learn content, I think the only way is to read. Now that depends on you but I use headphones and play music and then read. It's hard to start off with but you slowly get used to it.
Reply 2
quite simply put, if you don't study you will likely find yourself on the wrong side of the normal distribution. put it this way, science is not on your side when you revise like that and the stress hormones won't hell you either.
Theres only so long you can go without revising, trust me and revise because you might not be so lucky in your mocks
Reply 4
Use creative methods to revise.
- Watch youtube videos or do Kahoots of your subjects.
- Use colourful sticky notes to write down important info and stick them everywhere.
- Mindmaps
- Revise with your friends, get them to test you and you can test them. Or even just talk about stuff you've learnt e.g. case studies.
- Reward yourself with things.
- Past papers.
I just did my GCSEs and I found that (I know this is quite far in advance) but I found looking at universities really motivating for me to revise for GCSEs (particularly oxbridge). I wouldn't rely on just cramming the night before because you might find something you forgot that you didn't know. Once you're confident you know everything you need to know, start doing practice papers (old spec ones are also quite similar to new spec so if you run out of new spec they're good to use)
I hope this helps :smile:
get motivated. Oh and don't believe any grades your school gives you they're usually wrong by around 2 grades
If u want the grades, u gotta do wat u gotta do.
-Try condensing and making notes- and fill any gaps in your knowledge
-Also do a lot of exam practice
-Try teaching others

Quick Reply

Latest