The Student Room Group

A level biology help

Any revision tips for As / A level biology, obviously i have just started as bio in the new school year and i always feel confident with the content in a recent of of unit i am finding the questions applying myself to them difficult. Whats worse is my teacher makes me feel so dumb and that there is no way to improve:frown: any advice?
Do lots of practise questions. Also as you learn more biology, application questions become easier, because you know more about the wider context
You should ignore your teacher and try the pomodoro timer for studying or use flash cards, there are hundreds of ways to revise, just try some and see which works best
Hope this helps
Go over content at the end of the day, even for just ten minutes to keep it in your mind, and revisit it at frequent intervals. Little and often is a good revision motto. Biology is a very content heavy A level contrary to what most people think, so don't be too dejected if it's not going perfectly to start with. Do past paper exam questions to see how to answer questions the way the exam board wants you to. Make posters with crucial info and put them up on your wall. If possible get your parents to read you questions from the revision guides so you can answer them out loud- you won't be tempted to cheat this way and voicing the answer can help get it in your mind. Don't worry if your teacher thinks you're dumb, just work hard and do your best because come the end of the two years when you do well there's nothing better than proving someone wrong :wink: If you can secure a quiet place at school to revise in free periods that really helps (I managed to grab an unused science lab to stick all my posters up). When it comes to memorising processes and cycles (aerobic respiration, heart rate control) WRITE THEM OUT again and again and again. It might seem tedious but it's the best way to get it stuck in your head. Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by roguesandknaves
Go over content at the end of the day, even for just ten minutes to keep it in your mind, and revisit it at frequent intervals. Little and often is a good revision motto. Biology is a very content heavy A level contrary to what most people think, so don't be too dejected if it's not going perfectly to start with. Do past paper exam questions to see how to answer questions the way the exam board wants you to. Make posters with crucial info and put them up on your wall. If possible get your parents to read you questions from the revision guides so you can answer them out loud- you won't be tempted to cheat this way and voicing the answer can help get it in your mind. Don't worry if your teacher thinks you're dumb, just work hard and do your best because come the end of the two years when you do well there's nothing better than proving someone wrong :wink: If you can secure a quiet place at school to revise in free periods that really helps (I managed to grab an unused science lab to stick all my posters up). When it comes to memorising processes and cycles (aerobic respiration, heart rate control) WRITE THEM OUT again and again and again. It might seem tedious but it's the best way to get it stuck in your head. Good luck!

Thank you very much :smile: very helpful

Quick Reply

Latest