The Student Room Group

Which A level did you find hardest?Bio or Chemistry

Please can anyone help.im applying my A levels and need to be 110 percent sure before I confirm my subjects. Which A level is the hardest. Currently I'm.getting 7 in Biology but been told A level Biology is a lot difficult then A level Chemistry.Thanks in advance for reply 🙏
Original post by Kaz2103
Please can anyone help.im applying my A levels and need to be 110 percent sure before I confirm my subjects. Which A level is the hardest. Currently I'm.getting 7 in Biology but been told A level Biology is a lot difficult then A level Chemistry.Thanks in advance for reply 🙏

Don’t take subjects based on other people’s opinions of subjects. Think about what you want to study at uni/do post-A level and what A levels you need to get there.
Reply 2
I want to do Optometry. But you only needn2 Science subjects. I've chose Math dt and not sure if I should do Biology or Chemistry. So many people say Biology is very hard but then again some say they found Chemistry hard too ..I thought I'd get an opinion from someone who's done or doing these A levels.
Original post by Kaz2103
I want to do Optometry. But you only needn2 Science subjects. I've chose Math dt and not sure if I should do Biology or Chemistry. So many people say Biology is very hard but then again some say they found Chemistry hard too ..I thought I'd get an opinion from someone who's done or doing these A levels.

Then of those, which do you find the most interesting?
chemistry if you're good at memorising random strings of letters, methods, and numbers, biology if you're good at memorising a lot of facts, words, and sentences. that's how you pick
Reply 5
(Original post by TypicalNerd)

Biology. Currently at grade 7 and exams in 4 weeks
Original post by Kaz2103
(Original post by TypicalNerd)

Biology. Currently at grade 7 and exams in 4 weeks

Then biology is the subject you’d be better off taking.
Original post by fatz0
hi, i take biology, maths and psychology and want to do optom too. i'd say if your unsure there's no harm in taking 4 alevel subjects at the start of y12 and dropping either bio/chem after 2 weeks. 2 weeks would amount to around 10 hours of lessons of each subject (depending on your school) and would help your decision.

This also helped me with my decision thank you so much!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest