The Student Room Group

GCSE grades and Cambridge?

Hi all!

My GCSEs are okay, but I don't think they are Oxbridge standard. I achieved: A*s in English Lit and History, 2 As in English Lang and Chemistry, 5 Bs in Geography, Biology, Physics, Maths and Religious Studies and a C in Psychology. I do History, English Lit and Sociology. I'm interested in the HSPS and History and Politics course. Is it even worth applying?
Original post by Nye2001
Hi all!

My GCSEs are okay, but I don't think they are Oxbridge standard. I achieved: A*s in English Lit and History, 2 As in English Lang and Chemistry, 5 Bs in Geography, Biology, Physics, Maths and Religious Studies and a C in Psychology. I do History, English Lit and Sociology. I'm interested in the HSPS and History and Politics course. Is it even worth applying?

Do you want to apply for 2019 entry? Cambridge mainly looks at GCSE in the context of the school you went to, and they only form one part of the assessment. Plus you got good grades in relevant subjects :smile: So if you get predicted at least the standard offer, it's always worth applying, it is only one choice on UCAS after all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending