Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    HI! In exact 2 weeks I'll be having my year 11 mock exams. I wanted advice on how to revise without taking notes. It took me and entire week to copy out 40 pages of my chemistry textbook which didn't help me at all since I don't remember much. However at the same time I feel like I need to write something down when revising. Therefore I wanted help on what methods I should use to revise for the mocks especially for the sciences since I take triple. Thank you for your help!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Sheeba.07)
    HI! In exact 2 weeks I'll be having my year 11 mock exams. I wanted advice on how to revise without taking notes. It took me and entire week to copy out 40 pages of my chemistry textbook which didn't help me at all since I don't remember much. However at the same time I feel like I need to write something down when revising. Therefore I wanted help on what methods I should use to revise for the mocks especially for the sciences since I take triple. Thank you for your help!
    For mocks, where it is about finding your weaknesses, I would suggest doing something like watching some summary videos, for example, primrose kitten does some great ones for science. What I did was I used this videos and made notes on them as she went through the topic, which meant that I could look back on what was said later without rewatching the entire thing. For each of my science units I managed to get the entire unit done in a few hours (although the units are structured differently now, so I'm not exactly sure how it works). This should help you to revise the basic knowledge, and then after mocks you can spend time plugging any gaps you found, and eventually doing the specimen papers to help with your exam technique
    HTH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    For mocks, where it is about finding your weaknesses, I would suggest doing something like watching some summary videos, for example, primrose kitten does some great ones for science. What I did was I used this videos and made notes on them as she went through the topic, which meant that I could look back on what was said later without rewatching the entire thing. For each of my science units I managed to get the entire unit done in a few hours (although the units are structured differently now, so I'm not exactly sure how it works). This should help you to revise the basic knowledge, and then after mocks you can spend time plugging any gaps you found, and eventually doing the specimen papers to help with your exam technique
    HTH
    Thank you so much for your help. I think this is a wonderful idea since I can learn and contain information better when watching or hearing it. Thank you again for the suggestion!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Sheeba.07)
    Thank you so much for your help. I think this is a wonderful idea since I can learn and contain information better when watching or hearing it. Thank you again for the suggestion!
    No worries
    Glad it sounds like that will work well for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.