The Student Room Group

How to revise in 2 weeks for Mocks

HI! In exact 2 weeks I'll be having my year 11 mock exams. I wanted advice on how to revise without taking notes. It took me and entire week to copy out 40 pages of my chemistry textbook which didn't help me at all since I don't remember much. However at the same time I feel like I need to write something down when revising. Therefore I wanted help on what methods I should use to revise for the mocks especially for the sciences since I take triple. Thank you for your help!
Original post by Sheeba.07
HI! In exact 2 weeks I'll be having my year 11 mock exams. I wanted advice on how to revise without taking notes. It took me and entire week to copy out 40 pages of my chemistry textbook which didn't help me at all since I don't remember much. However at the same time I feel like I need to write something down when revising. Therefore I wanted help on what methods I should use to revise for the mocks especially for the sciences since I take triple. Thank you for your help!

For mocks, where it is about finding your weaknesses, I would suggest doing something like watching some summary videos, for example, primrose kitten does some great ones for science. What I did was I used this videos and made notes on them as she went through the topic, which meant that I could look back on what was said later without rewatching the entire thing. For each of my science units I managed to get the entire unit done in a few hours (although the units are structured differently now, so I'm not exactly sure how it works). This should help you to revise the basic knowledge, and then after mocks you can spend time plugging any gaps you found, and eventually doing the specimen papers to help with your exam technique
HTH :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Lemur14
For mocks, where it is about finding your weaknesses, I would suggest doing something like watching some summary videos, for example, primrose kitten does some great ones for science. What I did was I used this videos and made notes on them as she went through the topic, which meant that I could look back on what was said later without rewatching the entire thing. For each of my science units I managed to get the entire unit done in a few hours (although the units are structured differently now, so I'm not exactly sure how it works). This should help you to revise the basic knowledge, and then after mocks you can spend time plugging any gaps you found, and eventually doing the specimen papers to help with your exam technique
HTH :smile:

Thank you so much for your help. I think this is a wonderful idea since I can learn and contain information better when watching or hearing it. Thank you again for the suggestion! :smile:
Original post by Sheeba.07
Thank you so much for your help. I think this is a wonderful idea since I can learn and contain information better when watching or hearing it. Thank you again for the suggestion! :smile:

No worries :smile:
Glad it sounds like that will work well for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest