The Student Room Group

6 weeks left

I have 6 weeks until my June mocks that will decide my predicted grades for UCAS. All the courses that I want to apply for require A* in maths. I know the basics of algebra and whatnot but the "a level" topics I'm very bad at, so I'm currently working on an E/U.
Do you think 6 weeks is enough to get me that A in the mock? How should I structure my revision days? I am fully prepared to have revision days every day until then. I appreciate any general tips aswell.
Original post by rightguard48
I have 6 weeks until my June mocks that will decide my predicted grades for UCAS. All the courses that I want to apply for require A* in maths. I know the basics of algebra and whatnot but the "a level" topics I'm very bad at, so I'm currently working on an E/U.
Do you think 6 weeks is enough to get me that A in the mock? How should I structure my revision days? I am fully prepared to have revision days every day until then. I appreciate any general tips aswell.

All you can do is to prepare as well as you can.

As we're short on time, I would say you do past papers. Do at least one paper under timed conditions every 2-3 days, and review all the mistakes you made in each paper; look through the answers, and redo the questions you failed in. Repeat until you get full marks.
Use a revision guide in conjunction with the above; use the revision guide if you find that you don't actually understand the material.

If you fail to get into any of your chosen universities, reapply via UCAS after you get your grades, during a gap year if needs be.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by rightguard48

Heya!
Six weeks is a relatively short amount of time to significantly improve your performance in a subject :frown: However, with dedication and a well-structured revision plan, it is possible to make progress and improve your chances of achieving an A in your mock exam.

To make the most of your revision time, it's important to focus on your weaker areas and target specific topics that are likely to come up in your mock exam. This will help you to optimise your time and efforts and achieve the best results possible. Make sure to do lots of practice questions as well. If it helps, Study Mind has free resources!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest