The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Getting into LSE with 2A*s 3A's?

2 A*s (Maths and Chem) 3As (Bio,Phys and CS) rest B's and C's
AABC in AS in Maths Biology Chemistry and Further Maths (U in D1).
Predicted A*AA for Maths FM Bio
I think I can get A*A*A for Maths FM and Bio since I'm resitting D1 and I can likely get 90+ ums in it

Options:
Warwick Morse - A*AA
Durham Natural Science - A*AA
UCL Stats + Economics - AAA
Nottingham Maths + Economics - AAA
Bristol Maths + Economics - AAB (contextual)

I wanted to apply to LSE Maths + Economics which has an offer of A*AA but with my GCSE's is it even worth a shot? Should I trade Durham for LSE? Warwick gives out alot of offers for maths and I prefer Warwick over Durham. Durham is only there incase I dont get an offer from Warwick
Reply 1
Email LSE.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Omzie
Email LSE.

Generic we consider everyone on an individual basis answer
Original post by MMMmMmmkkN
2 A*s (Maths and Chem) 3As (Bio,Phys and CS) rest B's and C's
AABC in AS in Maths Biology Chemistry and Further Maths (U in D1).
Predicted A*AA for Maths FM Bio
I think I can get A*A*A for Maths FM and Bio since I'm resitting D1 and I can likely get 90+ ums in it

Options:
Warwick Morse - A*AA
Durham Natural Science - A*AA
UCL Stats + Economics - AAA
Nottingham Maths + Economics - AAA
Bristol Maths + Economics - AAB (contextual)

I wanted to apply to LSE Maths + Economics which has an offer of A*AA but with my GCSE's is it even worth a shot? Should I trade Durham for LSE? Warwick gives out alot of offers for maths and I prefer Warwick over Durham. Durham is only there incase I dont get an offer from Warwick

The average no. of A*s for that course seems to be around 4/5 https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/mathematics_and_economics_gl11_a

Also seeing as you're eligible for bristol's contextual offer it seems like it'll be worth a shot as LSE will also see it and it'll ultimately play in your favour.

They'll also see your UMS scores and if everything else is could maybe you have a shot.

I think it's worth applying, it's only 1 place, make sure every other aspect of your application is good
Reply 4
Original post by offsetWHOOP
The average no. of A*s for that course seems to be around 4/5 https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/mathematics_and_economics_gl11_a

Also seeing as you're eligible for bristol's contextual offer it seems like it'll be worth a shot as LSE will also see it and it'll ultimately play in your favour.

They'll also see your UMS scores and if everything else is could maybe you have a shot.

I think it's worth applying, it's only 1 place, make sure every other aspect of your application is good

Do you think I actually have a shot? My school is pretty **** and I dont live in a great area but I dont think theyd care when I only have 2 A*s
Original post by MMMmMmmkkN
Do you think I actually have a shot? My school is pretty **** and I dont live in a great area but I dont think theyd care when I only have 2 A*s

Yes definitely. The fact that your school is bad only means that theyll see your grades positively as its pretty good given your circumstances. The only issue they may take issue to is your AS grades, particularly the U in D1 which theyll see. I can't say whether that'll be a deal breaker for them but as I said since you have the contextual info on your side it's still worth a shot.

Make sure your personal statement is good as that's important for LSE.
I feel like your GCSEs might be less of a issue than the C at AS FM. If you're interested in MORSE maybe have a look at the Maths Stats and Business course at LSE - asks for 3 As and Further Maths is not required (but is accepted).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending