The Student Room Group

Have any of u completed ur mocks?

Have any of u year 11's completed ur year 11 mocks and how was it?
Hi! I have done my maths & English mocks & have Spanish next week & the rest in January/February. The maths mock was quite hard - especially the first paper (we did two one in the morning & one in the afternoon) & they were last years paper, the other paper we did was hard but better then the other one! I then did an English literature 2 paper which was hard especially the unseen part & the fact that it was so long & a lot of writing involved but I already knew & had an idea of the anthology comparison & the Inspector question wasn't too bad so hopefully they all went okay! Have you had any of yours yet? :smile:
ive got mine in like a week! i am so worried for maths
Original post by Lydia.Mx
Hi! I have done my maths & English mocks & have Spanish next week & the rest in January/February. The maths mock was quite hard - especially the first paper (we did two one in the morning & one in the afternoon) & they were last years paper, the other paper we did was hard but better then the other one! I then did an English literature 2 paper which was hard especially the unseen part & the fact that it was so long & a lot of writing involved but I already knew & had an idea of the anthology comparison & the Inspector question wasn't too bad so hopefully they all went okay! Have you had any of yours yet? :smile:

how much/how did you revise for maths? :smile:
Original post by adamantacademic
how much/how did you revise for maths? :smile:

My school does a "Maths Matters" club once a week which I've attended all year (mostly) just to get practice on some areas that I'm weaker in especially as last year I was on foundation but now I'm doing higher so I basically filled in any gaps so I was doing revision then but other than that I only really did it the day/weekend before as our mocks were on the Monday of this week so I just revised for about 5/6 maybe longer at the weekend so probably not as much as I should have done! Whoops!! Having said that I also get a maths revision lesson every two weeks on a Friday & the classes do different workshops so I also did revision for it then & in the last couple of lessons & lunchtimes before! We got given a list of what was it in it, I don't know if your teachers gave you one? What exam board are you doing? I then went through that list & I had flashcards already made up for some topics as we make them in class before every end of unit test we do & I've made some at home as well so I read through them but I mainly went through the list & looked through my revision guide & made notes on flashcards or watched videos on how to do something or asked my twin sister for any help on anything I was unsure of!! I find maths so so hard to revise for!! I know my sister made mind maps - I guess it's whatever helps you!! There's also a great website called maths genie with loads and loads of GCSE questions on it - not sure if it's just for the Edexcel exam board with booklets on practically every topic & then solutions & we have a massive wall at the back of our classroom with them in so I took a load which were on the list & did them & then checked the answers on the website - I'm pretty sure you can find the booklets on the website too!! (I didn't do that many of these though as I ran out of time!) other than that I didn't do much else for it - I'm sure you'll go great, good luck for yours if you have them :smile:)
for maths higher are you edexcel or aqa? if edexcel, what topics should i revise on and for the english language papers, what were they based on? Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest