The Student Room Group

Writing about a third year.

I applied to university last year and withdrew everything last minute because of reasons.

I did fairly badly in my exams because of said reasons and decided to do a third year at college to re-do 2 of my A2s and take up a BTEC certificate course.

I’m applying again this year and plan on using the same personal statement with a few changes. The main change, of course, would be writing about my third year and how it affected things.

I really just don’t know where to start. I don’t know how to write about it without it sounding like a bad thing. I don’t know how to make it look like a positive choice I made with positive outcomes.

tl;dr how can I write about a repeated year at college AND make it sound like a good thing?
Original post by lilybr
I applied to university last year and withdrew everything last minute because of reasons.

I did fairly badly in my exams because of said reasons and decided to do a third year at college to re-do 2 of my A2s and take up a BTEC certificate course.

I’m applying again this year and plan on using the same personal statement with a few changes. The main change, of course, would be writing about my third year and how it affected things.

I really just don’t know where to start. I don’t know how to write about it without it sounding like a bad thing. I don’t know how to make it look like a positive choice I made with positive outcomes.

tl;dr how can I write about a repeated year at college AND make it sound like a good thing?

This isn’t the sort of thing to include in your PS. Speak to your referee and ask if they can explain the situation in your reference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending