The Student Room Group

WJEC - Maths - January exams

Hey.

I thought I would create a thread for the relatively few of us studying WJEC Mathematics.

What modules do you have? What are your feelings towards them?

I did C1/C2 resits today, trying to boost my points, before the harder modules in the summer. How did others find these two exams?

I didn't do any revision for C1 since I thought I had it all pinned down. Which I still think I do :p: But they gave quite a few awkward numbers today, especially for a non-calculator exam

C2... Possibly the easiest C2 paper I've ever seen

Scroll to see replies

I did both papers today, I thought C2 was a ***** of a paper tbh, maybe because I didn't put enough revision in, or maybe because I still haven't learn the work lol

C1 was ok, don't remember much troubling me.

C3 on friday?
Reply 2
Nope, not for me. The way I did maths is fairly odd. I took it as an additional A level in my A2 year at a local college night class, the structure was C1 - 3 for the AS modules and then C4 and 2 applied module for the A2 modules. So I've already done C3.

I've got Mechanics 1 on tuesday though.
June - C4, M2, C3 (potentially, low A may want to increase the points) and FP1, S1, S2.

Not looking very nice!

It's a shame that you didn't revise C2, if you were confident on the work it would've been a breeze. I even think I managed to keep my silly mistakes to a minimum
Reply 3
yep c3 on friday for me,im hoping it will be ok!
I've got C3 tomorrow too. Make sure you all come back and chat about it afterwards.

Not many WJEC exam threads here so we have to keep this one alive, =)

Anyone got any other WJEC exams? All mine are. (Maths, biology and chemistry)
I did both and I thought they were really good papers, in comparison to the summer ones.
I had FR3 [French Reading] on the same day, which was dreadful.
Then I've got M1 next Tuesday and then it's all over [until May]

Luckily, no English exams this time around!
Reply 6
I have WJEC english lit,elit 4 a week tomorrow as well.i love wjec,they're the only exam board i know giving 100% for english modules :biggrin:
Reply 7
Rachie-Rach-Rach
I did both and I thought they were really good papers, in comparison to the summer ones.
I had FR3 [French Reading] on the same day, which was dreadful.
Then I've got M1 next Tuesday and then it's all over [until May]

Luckily, no English exams this time around!

The summer exams were a nightmare for me, I was sick during C2 so I only answered half of the paper. Came out with a C in that one :frown:

I'm not sure if I missed something with the integration question, but I noticed it was marked out of 11. Generally when I've looked at past papers the marks for finding the coordinates and then finding the area of the shaded region total 10. So I missed anything? or if you picked up anything different about the question?

Other than that I thought C2 was easy. Oo, one other question, I didn't look over any log work until the morning of the exam. So I was a little rusty on that area. I think it was part B (ii) it involved the addition and subtraction of logs, im pretty sure I got the right answer, but if you could remember your answer and post it, that would be great.

Edit: Good luck in C3 tomorrow, I have OCR Physics in the afternoon!
Reply 8
I'm doing S1 on the 17th, did Chem CH1 today and Physics PH1 tomorrow afternoon, (Friday afternoon :mad: )
Reply 9
how did you find c3 guys?i thought it was ok,could have been worse and they didnt stick in any random c1 or c2,so thats ok:smile:
Reply 10
C3 was a joy to do, no real tricky or sneaky question included. Could anyone tel me what they had for the range when the domain waz (2, inf) , forgot wat the question was tho
Reply 11
Rach, my last exam is M1 too!
Does anyone else here have M1 on tuesday?

How prepared do you feel?
Reply 12
it was 0,infinity coz u had to put 1/0=infinity and 1/infinity=0.....i checked with my teacher.i hope i ace tht paper!shahzun your in newport,me too!
I think I made some stupid mistakes on the C3 paper. I messed up the fuctions question and did the graphs completely wrong. =(
Reply 14
how did u mess it up?and which one,9 or 10,they were both on functions
Number 10. =(

I got f^-1(X) wrong, then got the domain and range wrong.

It's my own stupid fault, really.
Reply 16
For anyone sitting M1, or with a knowledge of centre of mass, is one of the coordinates for the centre of mass in an isosceles triangle on the line of symmetry (half of the base) whereas the other coordinate is 1/3 of the base?

I missed the lesson and haven't caught up on centre of mass until now!
Reply 17
aw no,they stuck in an awkward one in terms of stupid squarerooted fraction,i wudnt worry about it.it was pretty weird as a paper but in a good way!sorry navalchicken,no M1 till june.
Anyone else do M1 today? I thought it was quite a nice paper. :smile:

I'm pretty sure I only made around 2 mistakes as oppose to C3 where I made around 9.
yep i just sat M1 this morning. do you remember your answers? i answered them all but i know some are wrong- i just don't like leaving anything out, i prefer to guess as i might get atleast 1 point. anyway, my answers reeeally differ from my friends :|

Latest