The Student Room Group

RVC Veterinary Medicine work experience form not sent?

Scroll to see replies

This thread is 3 years old
Munrot07, this has happened to my daughter this year also, applying for September start 2022. She has sent in everything required, has 4 years volunteering experience and is predicted the A level grades. She too does not do social media, she studies, volunteers and has hobbies to fill her time. There were no open days as such because of covid and she only received two emails from them through the whole application process. I couldn't even sit with her and go through the application with her as she had Covid at the time and was iolating in her bedroom. I feel awful for her. It's all she's ever wanted to do and to be struck of immediately just because of one piece of paperwork, a questionnaire, is heartbreaking. She hasn't stopped crying as she feels it's all her fault and she's a failure. To dismiss her when she has all the criteria needed but only a questionnaire missing is terrible and not worth all the stress she put herself through especially while she had Covid.
Munrot07, this has happened to my daughter this year also, applying for September start 2022. She has sent in everything required, has 4 years volunteering experience and is predicted the A level grades. She too does not do social media, she studies, volunteers and has hobbies to fill her time. There were no open days as such because of covid and she only received two emails from them through the whole application process. I couldn't even sit with her and go through the application with her as she had Covid at the time and was iolating in her bedroom. I feel awful for her. It's all she's ever wanted to do and to be struck of immediately just because of one piece of paperwork, a questionnaire, is heartbreaking. She hasn't stopped crying as she feels it's all her fault and she's a failure. To dismiss her when she has all the criteria needed but only a questionnaire missing is terrible and not worth all the stress she put herself through especially while she had Covid.
I’m sorry to hear about your daughter. The same just happened to me. I was late with the work experience form for RVC and I just found out that they rejected me.I personally feel as though the uni should have sent an email with the form rather than expecting us to be aware about it.
Original post by Espion17
I’m sorry to hear about your daughter. The same just happened to me. I was late with the work experience form for RVC and I just found out that they rejected me.I personally feel as though the uni should have sent an email with the form rather than expecting us to be aware about it.

Espion17, I'm sorry this has happened to you also. They may be dismissing really suitable candidates all because of a deadline. It's very sad that there is no leeway given at all for things like this. I have emailed them and the reply I got basically said it very clearly states all these deadlines on their website. They don't seen to realise all the other Uni applications that students are going through at this time and I can't understand why they couldn't give a bit of guidance by email at this very stressful time. My daughter thinks they are not helpful or very clear on their website so they can immediately get rid of lots of applicants that way. I hope you have applied to some other (slightly more helpful) Uni's as back up. Luckily my daughter has but now she has one less chance because of it x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending