The Student Room Group

Vet med with gcse grades

Can I still get onto a veterinary medicine course with only 6s, 7s and 8s for my GCSEs? I've done a bit of work experience such as with horses in the stables and I plan to do more and I hope to do biology, chemistry and French A-levels
Reply 1
Your best bet is to check individual uni requirements. If your 7s are in sciences and maths you will be fine for most of them. Most of us didn’t have straight 9s at gcse so it’s not really an issue as long as you do well in a levels x
Original post by Ano9ymous
Can I still get onto a veterinary medicine course with only 6s, 7s and 8s for my GCSEs? I've done a bit of work experience such as with horses in the stables and I plan to do more and I hope to do biology, chemistry and French A-levels

Ofc. They don’t really ask much for your GCSE just having at least a 7 in sciences and passing English and maths at a 6 for most unis. And if you’re eligible for contexual / gateways the gcse grades are often lowered. I have 7-6 in combined science and I was still considered for the unis that I applied for ( Bristol , HK , RVC …) and my GCSEs range from 5-8
Reply 3
Original post by username6701273
You could resit your GCSEs

Quick Reply

Latest