The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by TLav
Hi, it is for first year entry. I finished my A levels in 2017 and took a gap year, so already had my results

Congrats!! I’m waiting to hear back for second year at the moment :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 41
Original post by Artapp
Congrats!! I’m waiting to hear back for second year at the moment :smile:

Thank you! Hope all goes well for you!
I just received an unconditional offer for first year Animation:smile: I'm an international student from Germany. I haven't been able to actually visit the uni yet and know very little, does anyone know how many places there are for Animation?
Reply 43
Original post by EmiliaAnna
I just received an unconditional offer for first year Animation:smile: I'm an international student from Germany. I haven't been able to actually visit the uni yet and know very little, does anyone know how many places there are for Animation?

Hey there!! I also got an unconditional for first year, assuming we both accept we'll be classmates. I heard someone say there were only 16 places for first year, I'm not sure if that's true but I went to the open day a couple of years ago and they did give a low number then too and said second year was a lot easier to get into.
Original post by Pantsu
Hey there!! I also got an unconditional for first year, assuming we both accept we'll be classmates. I heard someone say there were only 16 places for first year, I'm not sure if that's true but I went to the open day a couple of years ago and they did give a low number then too and said second year was a lot easier to get into.

wow only 16, would be interesting to know how many applicants there were. I'm very excited about it, german schools are taking much longer to respond and I might not know all of my options by the time i need to decide... but Edinburgh is definitely up there!
Reply 45
Original post by Sandaval
Has any second year applicants heard back yet, or anyone who applied to illustration?

I applied to illustration (first year though) and heard back today.
Reply 46
Original post by TLav
Got my unconditional for Fine Art at ECA the other day!
Has anybody else heard back yet?

Well done! I also got an unconditional for first-year entry to Fine Art:h:
Reply 47
Original post by IHSpete
Well done! I also got an unconditional for first-year entry to Fine Art:h:

That’s great! Good 5 years ahead
my god, the wait is killing me. i hope they won't wait until the very end to notify those who were rejected (possibly me included).
by the way, congrats to everyone who got in, i'm proud of ye :heart:
Reply 49
Hi, I just got an offer from Edinburgh yesterday about the Performance Costume course. I don't know when they will reply to international students, but I hope that you hear from them soon!

Original post by LouMartinez
Hi, I applied for Performance Costume at Edinburgh and I am a French student, did anyone receive an answer yet and can give me information about it ?
Hey guys do they email us/ send letters for offers?
Original post by CassDee
Hi, I just got an offer from Edinburgh yesterday about the Performance Costume course. I don't know when they will reply to international students, but I hope that you hear from them soon!

Great so it shouldn’t be long for me.. do you have any idea of how many people applied to it ? I am so confused about the statistics in design ..
Reply 52
I can’t remember how many people usually apply but I know that there is roughly 10 places for the course
Original post by RachelM17
Hey guys do they email us/ send letters for offers?

hi, I first got an email from UCAS saying that there had been an update in my application - later on the same day Edinburgh emailed me saying that they had sent me a message on EUCLID. So I think the first thing you'll receive is an Email from UCAS:smile: I'm not sure if they send letters as well
Reply 54
Original post by EmiliaAnna
hi, I first got an email from UCAS saying that there had been an update in my application - later on the same day Edinburgh emailed me saying that they had sent me a message on EUCLID. So I think the first thing you'll receive is an Email from UCAS:smile: I'm not sure if they send letters as well

No they don't send any letter. Last year I first received an email from ECA offering me a place and couple of hours later I received ail from ucas.
I was applying for 2nd year graphic design
Reply 55
Original post by Seja
No they don't send any letter. Last year I first received an email from ECA offering me a place and couple of hours later I received ail from ucas.
I was applying for 2nd year graphic design

Could i ask roughly when did you hear back from them? and roughly how many people are on the course?
Reply 56
Original post by Nomito
Is graphics one of the most popular courses in eca?

Last year almost 1000 people applied for 10 places. (2nd year entry)
In total I thing 60.000 people applied for 250 places ( for all art&design courses)... this is what Ive been told last year from the course leader.
I had my offer at 27th of march.
However I didn't accept the offer.
Reply 57
Original post by Nomito
Could i ask roughly when did you hear back from them? and roughly how many people are on the course?

20-25,
Reply 58
Original post by Seja
20-25,

Thank you for sharing the information, the figures are terrifying:s-smilie:
Reply 59
Original post by Nomito
Thank you for sharing the information, the figures are terrifying:s-smilie:

D
Yes I know...
Is that your first choice? Have you applied anywhere else?

Latest

Trending

Trending