The Student Room Group

urgent ucas help needed

I have previously studied at edinburgh uni but cant add it to my education history- it keeps coming up as "access promgramme uni of edinburgh" i did one year of a BA hons degree there.

I passed 4 out of 6 modules so didn't get a certificate or anything. just exam results. do i need to enter each module grade? there isnt an option to.

what should i do? thanks
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by EVMD17
I have previoously studied at edinburgh uni but cant add it to my education history- it keeps coming up as "access promgramme uni of edinburgh" i did one year of a BA hons degree there.

what should i do? thanks

There’s a worked example of how to add it in PQ’s reply here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=40298338&t=2177589#post40298338
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
There’s a worked example of how to add it in PQ’s reply here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=40298338&t=2177589#post40298338

Thank you but that thread is for the old version of ucas- the newer hub doesn't have that option ☹️
Original post by EVMD17
Thank you but that thread is for the old version of ucas- the newer hub doesn't have that option ☹️

In that case @PQ may wish to rejig their example.

From your description it sounds as if you’ve added it as the wrong qualification type. Have you picked something like UK Undergrad Degree?
Reply 4
In that case @PQ may wish to rejig their example.

From your description it sounds as if you’ve added it as the wrong qualification type. Have you picked something like UK Undergrad Degree?

I tried to find my uni- typed in university of edinburgh- but the drop down menu only had "access programme- university of edinburgh".
Original post by EVMD17
I tried to find my uni- typed in university of edinburgh- but the drop down menu only had "access programme- university of edinburgh".

UCAS isn’t designed to add undergrad quals, they’re not in the drop-down. You need to add it as ‘UK other qualification’ with the uni typed in as awarding body.
Reply 6
UCAS isn’t designed to add undergrad quals, they’re not in the drop-down. You need to add it as ‘UK other qualification’ with the uni typed in as awarding body.

Just looked at this- thank you so much- I tried to enter the name of the uni as the awarding body but couldn't- as it went over the maximum of 8 characters. should i put ECA- acronym for Edinburgh College of Art- the college within the uni i studied under or just 'UoE' the abbreviation for the university of edinburgh?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by EVMD17
Just looked at this- thank you so much- I tried to enter the name of the uni as the awarding body but couldn't- as it went over the maximum of 8 characters. should i put ECA- acronym for Edinburgh College of Art- the college within the uni i studied under or just 'UoE' the abbreviation for the university of edinburgh?

Yes, that’s absolutely fine and what unis would expect to see entered there.
Original post by EVMD17

The appearance has changed. The qualifications information hasn’t.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending