The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford or the LSE?

I've got an offer for a Masters at LSE with a generous scholarship in the subject area of IR.

That means that going to LSE will cost me very little compared to the initial cost.

I've also got a place at Oxford but it's not funded.

Do you think that it's worth spending £27k on a Masters at Oxford.

I'm also wary of the fact doing a funded Masters actually looks better on your CV than having paid for it yourself.
Since it's funded , I'll say go for LSE.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
LSE
Got an offer from LSE myself and didn´t apply to Oxford.
If I had and Oxford would´ve let me in, I´d go for Oxford all the way. Not because LSE is bad (we both know very well it is not- in fact everyone knows), but because it is Oxford (1st in the world).
Finances of course are a thing, but then you have Oxford employability after you graduate (then again LSE employability is not really that inferior, I suspect...)

As you might have noticed my argumentation is not rational at all, but if I were you there would be a very loud voice in my head screaming "It´s OXFORD, you retard! Take it."
But, if you can lead a happy life knowing you got into Oxford and didn´t go, then I guess it´s LSE.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CanMeDoDas
I've got an offer for a Masters at LSE with a generous scholarship in the subject area of IR.

That means that going to LSE will cost me very little compared to the initial cost.

I've also got a place at Oxford but it's not funded.

Do you think that it's worth spending £27k on a Masters at Oxford.

I'm also wary of the fact doing a funded Masters actually looks better on your CV than having paid for it yourself.

What courses exactly are you referring to here?
LSE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending