The Student Room Group

Do I Stand a chance at UCLA, UC San Diego, Berkeley or Davis?

hello lol lol lol lol
(edited 5 years ago)
yes
UCLA/SD/Davis - Most likely.

Berkeley - It's going to be dependent on your SAT/ACT scores. I also have some questions about your volunteer work - are there any leadership roles there? Was it primarily done during summer hols? Would also like to see longer commitment when it comes to tutoring younger students.
Reply 3
Hey!

Thinking about those schools, a big factor will be money. If you can afford to attend then definitely go for it but as far as I'm aware, there is limited funding for international students and any of those schools.

If you're interested in the US, definitely check out the Sutton Trust US Programme. They support 150 students every year through the US admissions process and provide funding for ACT and SAT exams. There's a free summer trip to the US too to explore universities (I stayed at Yale and visited Harvard, Princeton, Columbia, Amherst amongst others).
Original post by eudokias
My GCSEs were A*A*A*A*AAAACCD
Predicted A*AA
Extra curriculars: 3 months volunteering at care home for veterans, work experience at 2 museums, worked with a group to teach a group of year 5s for a week, did summer history course and involved in debating society at school.

That looks in the ballpark for UCs. There is a big difference between Berkeley and UCLA and lower UCs. You need to take SATs or ACTs and maybe SAT IIs. Out of state tuition is about $40K/year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending