The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh no scary thread!!!!! :eek:
Where I work on sat nite is meant to be haunted-I wont go in the cellar now! :rolleyes:
I've got one that happened to my mums friend, I'm busy now but i'll come back soon and post it, cuz it's kinda long.
Reply 3
ace_justncase
I've got one that happened to my mums friend, I'm busy now but i'll come back soon and post it, cuz it's kinda long.

ok :biggrin: nb
I used to do voluntary work in a museum, and I had an odd experience once ... To get into the museum you went through a shop and down into the cellar, through a couple of exhibition rooms and back up to the ground floor. At the bottom of the stairs back up there was a door into a store room.

Anyway I often had to go down to this storeroom before the museum was open to get stuff, and one morning, just as I was coming out I heard two children laughing and running along the corridor. I didn't open the door because I thought that it was a school party and I didn't want to frighten them. I waited until I heard them running up the stairs and came out just in time to see a child disappearing around the corner at the top of the stairs. Not wanting to disturb a tour, I went out of the museum 'backwards'.

Back in the shop, I commented to the Manager that it was very early to have a school party in, and she looked at me like I was mad 'cause the museum was still closed and completely empty ... Then it occurred to me that I'd just heard two children in heavy shoes running along stone, and all of the corridors and stairs were carpeted ...

I decided that I couldn't possibly have heard and seen what I had, and I thought that it would be more sensible not to tell anyone about it. Purely by coincidence, a few weeks later another member of staff mentioned that a couple of months before they had had the local vicar in to bless the top floors of the museum because people had kept seeing two little boys running about, and hearing children laughing. Apparently people had started to get very frightened because the children were quite sinister. They thought that the blessing had got rid of them ...
Reply 5
not exactly a ghost story but ahve u ever herd the tale where
theres a man and every night his dog licks his hand before going to bed. so, he goes to sleep, dog licks hand. however, he then wakes up during the night and goes to the bathroom and his dog is dead on the floor....so who licked his hand?

*shudder* i dont like that
charlord
theres a man and every night his dog licks his hand before going to bed. so, he goes to sleep, dog licks hand. however, he then wakes up during the night and goes to the bathroom and his dog is dead on the floor....so who licked his hand?

the dog did lick his hand, but later in the night he died on the floor of a natural death.
Reply 7
BlueAngel
the dog did lick his hand, but later in the night he died on the floor of a natural death.

ohkay well i told it wrong :biggrin:
basically its meant to be that it couldnt have been the dog that licked his hand, which means someone was under his bed
Reply 8
this thread reminds me of the sleep-overs i went to when i was ickle!! :biggrin:
My grandma likes to tell me these weird stories. She says that in South Africa, this man was chopping trees, when one of the trees started to bleed blood. The man thought he must have chopped an animal/bird or summit. So he left it, but it was actually these bad people, sort of bad ghosts who only live in trees. She says that the women of these bad ghosts have huge breasts which are so big, they carry them over their shoulders. :eek:
Anyway the man had killed a kid and his dad of the bad ghosts and the mother survived. She was so upset that she followed the man, and sllowly killed the mans family. Weird.
Reply 10
Catswhiskers
I used to do voluntary work in a museum, and I had an odd experience once ... To get into the museum you went through a shop and down into the cellar, through a couple of exhibition rooms and back up to the ground floor. At the bottom of the stairs back up there was a door into a store room.

Anyway I often had to go down to this storeroom before the museum was open to get stuff, and one morning, just as I was coming out I heard two children laughing and running along the corridor. I didn't open the door because I thought that it was a school party and I didn't want to frighten them. I waited until I heard them running up the stairs and came out just in time to see a child disappearing around the corner at the top of the stairs. Not wanting to disturb a tour, I went out of the museum 'backwards'.

Back in the shop, I commented to the Manager that it was very early to have a school party in, and she looked at me like I was mad 'cause the museum was still closed and completely empty ... Then it occurred to me that I'd just heard two children in heavy shoes running along stone, and all of the corridors and stairs were carpeted ...

I decided that I couldn't possibly have heard and seen what I had, and I thought that it would be more sensible not to tell anyone about it. Purely by coincidence, a few weeks later another member of staff mentioned that a couple of months before they had had the local vicar in to bless the top floors of the museum because people had kept seeing two little boys running about, and hearing children laughing. Apparently people had started to get very frightened because the children were quite sinister. They thought that the blessing had got rid of them ...

oohhhh i was quite scared readin tht actually speshly wen i'm sittin in a dark room all on my lonesome :tongue:
Reply 11
neha p
this thread reminds me of the sleep-overs i went to when i was ickle!! :biggrin:

yay! lets have a sleepover! :biggrin:
Reply 12
charlord

I remember my older brother telling me that story when i was younger. I ran out of the room physically crying with fear, mainly due to the fact that my dog that had recently died used to do the exact same thing. How cruel older brothers can be, but its what they're there for!!
Reply 13
need_money
yay! lets have a sleepover! :biggrin:

YAY!!! :biggrin:
ooooo...everyone help themselves to the food! :biggrin:
Reply 14
neha p
YAY!!! :biggrin:
ooooo...everyone help themselves to the food! :biggrin:

:biggrin: :tongue: :cool:
Reply 15
my school is VERY haunted....very old buildings....here are two stories

1. one summer (when no one is at school) there were photographers taking pictures outside the school at after they pritned the photographs on one of the photographs (the school has a huge facade) there was a small boy like figure in on eof the windows.....since the photgraphers were scared a lot they asked the school.....the headmaster confirmed that noone was in the school at the time and after some archive research they discovered that in the room and boy (a son of a missionary - (our school used to be a school for sons of missionaries)) had hanged himself from one of the pillars in the room where the figure was spotted!

2. A few years ago the caretaker left without any warning and this is why. A few hundred years ago there was a man and his son who lived in the mansion (now my school) and the mum had divorced. However, the man had a new wife but the son and his step mum did not get on well. On one incident the woman locked the boy in the underground cellars after chopping one of his hands off (unreasonable punishment for something). Obviously the boy died in the underground cellars which coincidently cover about a mile. All of the school archives, past artwork, exam tables are stored in there and a few yeasr back the caretaker was taking the exam tables up but on one occasion the caretaker went to pull the table from teh stack and two hands pulled back the table at which point the caretaker left the cellar and the school...never to return!

One year ago i was going camping with a few school friends and we went down to the cellars to get some equipement. After a 10min walk in the enclosed, narrow and damp cellars we got to the right room at which point somebody thought it would be funny to turn all of the cellar lights off from the entrance!!!!! you cannot imagine how scared we were.....that was certainly the most terrifying thing i have ever had to experience! i
Reply 16
where is everyone?
Reply 17
jamierwilliams
my school is VERY haunted....very old buildings....here are two stories

1. one summer (when no one is at school) there were photographers taking pictures outside the school at after they pritned the photographs on one of the photographs (the school has a huge facade) there was a small boy like figure in on eof the windows.....since the photgraphers were scared a lot they asked the school.....the headmaster confirmed that noone was in the school at the time and after some archive research they discovered that in the room and boy (a son of a missionary - (our school used to be a school for sons of missionaries)) had hanged himself from one of the pillars in the room where the figure was spotted!

2. A few years ago the caretaker left without any warning and this is why. A few hundred years ago there was a man and his son who lived in the mansion (now my school) and the mum had divorced. However, the man had a new wife but the son and his step mum did not get on well. On one incident the woman locked the boy in the underground cellars after chopping one of his hands off (unreasonable punishment for something). Obviously the boy died in the underground cellars which coincidently cover about a mile. All of the school archives, past artwork, exam tables are stored in there and a few yeasr back the caretaker was taking the exam tables up but on one occasion the caretaker went to pull the table from teh stack and two hands pulled back the table at which point the caretaker left the cellar and the school...never to return!

One year ago i was going camping with a few school friends and we went down to the cellars to get some equipement. After a 10min walk in the enclosed, narrow and damp cellars we got to the right room at which point somebody thought it would be funny to turn all of the cellar lights off from the entrance!!!!! you cannot imagine how scared we were.....that was certainly the most terrifying thing i have ever had to experience! i

:eek:
Reply 18
need_money
:eek:

and im really not jokin!
Not a ghost story, but allegedly my house is haunted. I had to go downstairs into a spooky bit one night, and my darling brother decided to follow me and scare me. He jumped out from behind a corner when I really wasn't expecting it - I don't remember it but apparently I screamed so loudly and for such a long time that he thought he'd damaged my brain :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending