The Student Room Group

Hasn’t texted me

He hasn’t texted me after a night out with friends. I’ve been casually chatting with a guy. He used to tell me about his plans ahead to which I’d always say ah you don’t have to tell me that you won’t be able to chat blah blah blah. So last night he just hasn’t replied and then posted pics from a night out. I played it cool, just got on with my things. Woke up today and saw he’d checked my stories(must be late at night) I messaged good morning. He hasn’t replied for 3 hours. It’s 2 pm working day. Like, surely it’s ignoring ? Or maybe he got posted last night and is catching up with work. What do you reckon ?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
He hasn’t texted me after a night out with friends. I’ve been casually chatting with a guy. He used to tell me about his plans ahead to which I’d always say ah you don’t have to tell me that you won’t be able to chat blah blah blah. So last night he just hasn’t replied and then posted pics from a night out. I played it cool, just got on with my things. Woke up today and saw he’d checked my stories(must be late at night) I messaged good morning. He hasn’t replied for 3 hours. It’s 2 pm working day. Like, surely it’s ignoring ? Or maybe he got posted last night and is catching up with work. What do you reckon ?

It hasnt been too long since your message, I wouldn’t worry yet. Perhaps he has been busy like you said and he knows you’ll be okay with him replying later. However if he start me to repeat this behaviour tell him it isn’t ok or just stop talking to him. A lot of guys think it’s okay to ghost girls then text them back when they’re bored or their other girls aren’t entertaining them. You’re doing great, way too good for a lousy guy to drag u down.
Reply 2
Original post by Eloise:)
It hasnt been too long since your message, I wouldn’t worry yet. Perhaps he has been busy like you said and he knows you’ll be okay with him replying later. However if he start me to repeat this behaviour tell him it isn’t ok or just stop talking to him. A lot of guys think it’s okay to ghost girls then text them back when they’re bored or their other girls aren’t entertaining them. You’re doing great, way too good for a lousy guy to drag u down.

Thank you. And also if you think of it, we do talk everyday. He doesn’t really owe me anything. But if it is to be a consistent thing it’s a bit rude. I did like the way he used to tell me ahead and should not have said that it was fine not to 😂
Reply 3
Yeah in the future don't pretend to be fine with something that you're not because it will backfire and they'll be able to say you said you were fine with it so there's not really a strong arguement on your side
Reply 4
He’s texted now. Said hi and asked how I am. What do you think I should do? Play it cool and move on or have a serious talk? I think he’d appreciate it if I raised it in a sort of playful way but how…
Reply 5
Talk about how you actually did appreciate when he told you why he wasn't able to talk
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
He’s texted now. Said hi and asked how I am. What do you think I should do? Play it cool and move on or have a serious talk? I think he’d appreciate it if I raised it in a sort of playful way but how…

A serious talk about what, exactly? What do you think warrants that?

He's a casual acquaintance who doesn't owe you anything, you've told him as much, and you're stressed after 3 hours of him not replying to an inconsequential 'good morning' when he's got work. Don't see a problem...
This all seems a bit overblown after half a day no contact from someone you casually chat to.
Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One
This all seems a bit overblown after half a day no contact from someone you casually chat to.

Yeah you’re right. I just need to keep myself busy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending